Ranger RT188 Cover Trailering

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has tried trailering their RT188 with the Ranger cover on? I have the cover that has the 4 tie downs and the trap that ratchets to the motor transom mount. I have tried trailering twice with the cover and both times it has rashed up the clear coat on my boat. The first time the 4 down straps rashed up the side of the boat. The second time I attempted to tie those straps in a way they couldn't rash the boat and it seemed to help but this time the cover rashed up the top rail. I know in general it's not a good idea to trailer with the cover but they are called trailerable covers for a reason. If I'm heading to the lake it would be nice to have the option to trailer with it if needed. Anyone have any ideas or solutions for this issue?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nicmill85; 03-21-2017 at 11:35 AM.

2. Member
    I do and have had the same thing happen. You need to keep the straps very tight to keep them from flapping against the side of the boat. I get them about as tight as I can with the straps to the ratchets loose. Then, ratchet both sides good and tight. You didn't mention if you had the pedestal seats in, but you should have them in too to keep the cover tight.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Member
    Also twist the straps (4) once, this will stop them from flapping.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

4. Member
    I appreciate the advise guys! The second time I trailered with it I did twist the straps and that seemed to help a lot with the seals rubbing on the side of the boat. I did cover it with the seats in so the cover was tight. The second time is was starting to rash the top rail. I thought I had it pulled down pretty tight but maybe not tight enough. Thanks again guys!