Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Reeled in a canvas bag full of cash in the back of a creek once. Well, what was left of it. Everything was purple. Evidently, somebody robbed a local bank and the dye pack went off on them. Cash was no good to them at that point so, they went to the creek and threw the entire bag in. Most everything was destroyed, could just make out the denominations and what was left of the canvas bag which wasn't much.

Snapping turtle, duck and an old tennis shoe on a A-rig.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    A 12 inch condom
    Yeah,I put that there,it was used. Of course I only used about a third of it.

4. Moderator
    Caught a Casper the ghost toy on an a-rig on pickwick

5. Member
    This past week I hooked a gaf-top catfish while fishing in south Louisiana. The fish then snag a seagull with the line. I reeled in both. It looked like I had a seagull bobber.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

6. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    17 minnow crappie rigs at the same time on a.pteacher jig including all 17 1/2 oz weights.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Had an Owl swoop down and grab a Hoola Popper one evening. Pulled back as he was flying away and pulled him down to the water. He swam to shore using those big wings as paddles. Once on shore he shook and shook and the lure came free! Also caught about 25lb snapper on a deep diving DB3. He had all 3 treble hooks in his mouth and there was NO way I was attempting to get that back. SNIP!! Good bye DB3!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

8. Banned
    As a teen fishing Guntersville we had a bank fishing spot where the Kawanis pier now stands. There's a spring there where people got drinking water before the dam was built/lake was backed up. We'd bottom fish for catfish at night and we caught water dogs (salamanders) up to 16" long and fresh water eels up to 2 feet long. We didn't catch either one on every trip but caught several over 4 or 5 years. That dang pier sits directly on top of the spring now.

9. Member
    Hooked a 6' aluminum step ladder with about 300 lures snagged on it. Got it partway up so you could see it before the line broke.
    Last year I had a gust of wind catch my line mid-cast and put a big loop in it. The loop was carried over the back of a couple Canadian geese. As soon as the line touched one, they took off. I didn't know it happened at first because I was watching where my brand new Lucky Craft crank landed. Next thing I know, I hear the geese taking off, watch them fly off, then see my crankbait chasing one of them. Well, I ended up flying the goose like a kite and steering him back into the water. He tried taking off again and tossed the crankbait so I didn't have to wrestle with him.

Caught a big rainbow trout on a spinnerbait in about 12" of water in a bush.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Reeled in a canvas bag full of cash in the back of a creek once. Well, what was left of it. Everything was purple. Evidently, somebody robbed a local bank and the dye pack went off on them. Cash was no good to them at that point so, they went to the creek and threw the entire bag in. Most everything was destroyed, could just make out the denominations and what was left of the canvas bag which wasn't much.
    So did you report this and turn it over .......as I type this out I wonder where they keep these dye packs, how they are activated and how often then go off inside a bank by accident

11. Member
    Rod and reel, Blue heron. Reeled him right back to the boat and got my lure back

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    17 minnow crappie rigs at the same time on a.pteacher jig including all 17 1/2 oz weights.
    Dang!

13. Member
    Live Muskrat! He was not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Jelly fish out of lake Keowee. DNR knows they are there. I will post pics and a vid on Sunday. its late and I work tomorrow.

Here is the vid.View My Video
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

15. Member
    Went fishing a week after iceout. I caught an ice fishing tip up with a catfish hooked to it. Threw back the catfish and saved the tip up.

Fishing from the deep end of a boat launch dock as a kid I hooked a fold up chair. Had been in there for a while.

Caught 2 condoms in one day. The cove I was fishing was a overflow flush when the municipal sewer system was overwhelmed during a heavy rain. Shores would be littered with needles and condoms. A lawsuit by local land owners whose properties ended on the banks of the cove finally forced the water company to deal with it.

Condoms, sack of potatoes, boot, shoe, swim trunks, sunglasses, gloomis imx ultra light, St Croix legend with stradic, rocks, sea gulls, some weird bird I hit in mid air with a swim bait, my dad's face, snapper skipping docks, soft shell cat fishing (evil turtles), a fresh 6pk of pbr tall boys, a Bic Lighter on a crank (still in my boat), lawn chair, tarp, deer skull on a tube, set of truck keys on a crank while fishing a prop wash at a launch. So many more odd things I've pulled up as well.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Can't believe no one has said a bat yet. I've hooked two of them - one while fly fishing at dusk (that one made a lot of sense), and once on a spook at dusk. The spook one didn't make it, unfortunately. Dead on impact.

Caught a bedsheet once on a trout stream widely known for tons of huge fish but also for being full of trash and located in a really poverty-stricken area. At the bottom of a deep pool I thought I had a 30 inch brown trout. I also hooked a dildo in that stream once....cut the line.

I've also caught channel cats still attached to lines on at least two occasions. I guess trot line escapees?
    Elkhorn Creek

18. Banned
    Base ball cap that said Worlds Greatest Archer on a deep diving crankbait.

19. Member
    A remote control helicopter on a crankbait. It had been in the water a while.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678