Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Caught a old spinning rod that the eyes twisted around the rod. My father told me what they were called but I forgot.

Caught this in Lake George in Sept 2000. Sat in the freezer for a year till my grandpa took it to the DNR. Someone had it in their tank and threw it in the lake.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Saw my buddy set the hook on and fight a fire extinguisher all the way to the boat. I caught a pink umbrella. Im surprised nobody from Ohio has said a bass yet. Surely somebody has caught one
    We only have 10 bass here and we take turns catching them. So, you gotta wait your turn. Once one of us Ohio BBC members catches one, we'll post to this thread!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Caught an Owl on a jitterbug once, guess he really wanted it.

Does a Walleye on a buzz bait count as weird????

5. Member
    Meteorite, revolutionary cannon reamer tool (Lake Champlain), dead skunk, Canadian goose.

6. Member
    I was fishing with a buddy and he said, "there he is." He was throwing a 7" Culprit worm texas rigged. He set the hook and reeled in a good size bass. Id say around 3lbs. It didn't fight at all... He reeled it in like a sac of potatoes... It was dead. Had been dead long enough to smell pretty bad. The craziest thing is he hooked it right in the mouth... He swears to this day he felt the bite. HAHAHAHA. I'll never let him live it down..

7. Member
    Rod and reel with a live 3 pound drum on it.
    FIL caught a .22 pistol!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

8. Member
    Fishing from shore with my cousin when we were kids. Got snagged on something maybe 10 feet from the bank. I got in to unhook it and pulled up a burlap sack that seemed like it weighed a ton. Well, it was a cat and a brick.

I caught a rock at table rock !
    Gaters in ms....shoe and the reptile.
    I've never gotten any lures from any snags :(
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

10. Member
    My dad's favorite thing to do is to vertical jig walleye. We fishing a rocky point and our lake has zebra mussels in it. We were picking up a few fish and the bite was fickle and you had to let them have it and wait till you could feel their weight. All of a sudden he said I got one on and he held it and slowly raised his rod tip. As he felt the weight he set the hook. We both knew he had a hell of a fish on. After a couple of minutes we landed about a 5lb rock. When he set his jig on the bottom a mussle closed right down on the hook shank. It was amazing that little mussle was attached to the rock so well he was able to reel it up. Also caught a 16oz beer can once right on the pop tab. That really fought to.

11. Member
    A very old, slimy, unopened beer can in the 12oz size.

12. Member
    We were trolling the hudson river one year and a buddy of mine yelled for the net. We were trolling big jointed rappels when a condom grabbed ahold of his lure. He fought that thing all the way to the boat and swore it was taking out line. It was hooked right on the rim and had about 40 gallons of water in it.

13. Member
    I was fishing with my FIL in Galveston Bay. We were anchored on a reef and when we got ready to leave we could not get the anchor off the reef. We cut the anchor rope and left. The next day we went to the same spot and I hung the anchor rope with my trout hook and reeled it right up. He was impressed.

14. Banned
    Caught a condom below Cheatham Dam while stripe fishing it put up a hard fight on 4lb test ..........finally saw the serial numbers everyone talks about on them .

15. Member
    Once caught a claw hammer. Line went between claws and I lifted it out of water and put itback on fellows dock

16. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Really surprised! In fact the angler and the doll had the same expression
    Who controls John Gill?

I caught a St. Croix rod and Daiwa spinning reel. Called the company with the serial #, whoever bought it never registered it. Still use the rod to this day, the reel imploded after a year or so.
    Mountain Home ChamP 181

I caught a bikini top in party cove on Percy Priest one day during a tournament. I bet there was a good story behind that being there. I have also caught a football, several rocks, lots of turtles, a blue heron, and several ducks.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

19. Member
    dead , rotting duck in 8 fow on a jig/pig. felt different so I set the hook. mistake.

20. Member
    One time a few years back I went on a camping/fishing trip with my mom, dad and couple other extended family members. I got to the campground later in the day on Friday, but it was too late to put the boat in and go out. However, I was raring to go fishing, so after supper I grabbed a rod and headed down to bank fish until dark, I was fishing right at the ramp with a Texas rigged worm, as I brought it up the ramp I thought I felt a bite, so I threw back in and this time he smoked it, I rared back on the rod and thought I had a 10#er, turns out it was, but a blue catfish, not a bass...we laughed so hard about that one...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast