Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Saw a guy catch a blow-up doll
    Did the doll look surprised?

2. Member
    Had a hellava' fight on the maiden voyage of the Z9 Sunday with a 5 foot GAR!
    Was on 10# fluoro. Wasn't losing that new $10 Live Target Craw for nothing!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Saw a guy catch a blow-up doll

Did it look like Peyton Manning?.........if it did I might know who lost it.

4. Member
    A rain coat.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post

6. Member
    Caught a foot hold trap on a river while bank fishing last fall. Thought I had a good smallie!
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250HP Evinrude E-Tec

"Haulin' Ass and Chasin' Bass"

7. Banned
    a net that was hooked to someone elses crankbait that was connected to line that was wrapped around a submerged tree limb. So, yeah, when I pulled it would bend the limb and then pull back. Fought that sumbitch for a few minutes thinking it was a fish. Disappointed I was. But I did get a free #5 shad rap out of the deal. lol

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

9. Member
    Saw my buddy set the hook on and fight a fire extinguisher all the way to the boat. I caught a pink umbrella. Im surprised nobody from Ohio has said a bass yet. Surely somebody has caught one
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Really surprised! In fact the angler and the doll had the same expression

11. Member
    Trolling for stripers, my buddy hooked a rope that was tied to a 12' aluminum , 9hp motor, gas tank and life jackets still under the seats. He took it home, called the lake and found that the boat had been sunk a couple days earlier in high winds. Last I heard noone ever claimed it.

12. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Vienna sausage can . Just right went back
    and forth just like a big old bass

13. Member
    Seagull - fishing a high pier on Lake Erie. When I through out my line the bird grabbed the lure in mid air. I tried to get my lure back but had to cut the line and let him go. He was squawking so bad and I couldn't get him closer than about 10 feet. By then a crowd had come to watch.

14. Member
    fishing in Canada my uncle just for grins tossed crappie jig at a flying seagull ---he hooked it in flight OMG what a mess ---it crashed in water and got loose and flew off ---we laughed about that for 30 years

15. Derek McCullough
    Fold up chair, Umbrella, several beer cans, underwear, bra, couple fishing rod combos and many other oddities. A lipless crankbait is great for catching all the trash in the lake.

16. Member
    A few interesting things. One, a seagull swooped down and snagged my shallow running jointed minnow while I was not looking, so I am setting the hook and notice my line is going up at a 45 degree angle. Reeled him down, other boats near me are telling me to net him, I grabbed him firmly (but not hurting him) by the throat and he went calm as ever. The hook easily came out of the hole in the beak and when I turned him loose, he casually flew off. Second thing was line snagged on my jig, reeled it in and the line was pulling back? pulled the line and and on the other side was about a 3lb channel cat, still very much alive and surely appreciative after I let him go.

Quite a few anchor ropes, a couple rod/reels too far gone to get excited about, a beer can, an old bucket, etc. When you like to primarily jig fish and use pretty heavy line, you will catch alot of junk on heavily used waters.

the most interesting was a huge snapping turtle I caught on a jig. Must have been over 30lbs.....unfortunately, during the thrashing at the side of the boat, my fishing pard didn't get a picture before the hook bent out and he self released. I was not going to net him as you might imagine.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Can't believe no one has said a bat yet. I've hooked two of them - one while fly fishing at dusk (that one made a lot of sense), and once on a spook at dusk. The spook one didn't make it, unfortunately. Dead on impact.

Caught a bedsheet once on a trout stream widely known for tons of huge fish but also for being full of trash and located in a really poverty-stricken area. At the bottom of a deep pool I thought I had a 30 inch brown trout. I also hooked a dildo in that stream once....cut the line.

I've also caught channel cats still attached to lines on at least two occasions. I guess trot line escapees?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Caught a big damned rock once in Barker Canyon (Banks Lake) that was about the size of a boxcar. It put up a good fight, but my buddy got it in the net...

19. Banned
    Went off shore near Miami. Caught a Cuban.

20. Member
    One big mean pissed off snapping turtle on a power worm.Cut it loose,wasn't getting fingers near that head.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast