bump board storage

I have a 2000 R83VS and I'm trying to figure out a good way to store my bump board so that it is easy to access but yet it isn't just laying around. I've thought about putting a bracket of some kind or even a few strong magnets on the underside of the deck extension, but I wanted to see what others have done. Please post pics if you have them available.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Is your deck extension open underneath? If so, just screw the bump board to the floor. It will never be in your way there (tucked underneath far enough not to step on it) and will be convenient location for bumping fish. Doesn't take much of a screw to hold there, and plenty of space for short screws.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I've been wanting to pick up one of the round slot holders similar to what comes on a lot of new boats that allow you to slide the board down into the deck, but I haven't been able to stomach paying $15 shipping for a little piece of plastic that's already overpriced at $10. Here is what I've been looking at: http://www.teamcandomarine.com/eshop...unt__Flush.htm
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

4. Member
    It is open under the deck extension, but I don't really want to screw it to the floor because I do take the deck extension out when I take the family out for tubing or skiing (one person sits on the deck with their legs down in the area where the deck extension usually is so they can watch the tuber/skier). I like the idea DrewFlu33 brought up, so I might have to look into that one a little further. If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know. Thanks!

5. Member
    On my 462, I closed in the deck extension; and where that meets the carpeted floor I secured some wide Velcro with staples to the vertical part and put matching Velcro on the back of my measuring board with contact cement. Easy to remove and not a trip hazard. You could put Velcro on any FG surface or screw a small strip of wood to the FG wall for holding the Velcro if there is molding where you want to mount it.

Mine slides in nice and tight between my seat and center console and stays put there. Easy to grab for measuring and slide right back in quick, no rooting around in lockers or leaving it on deck so it can fly out at 70 mph haha
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Mine slides in nice and tight between my seat and center console and stays put there. Easy to grab for measuring and slide right back in quick, no rooting around in lockers or leaving it on deck so it can fly out at 70 mph haha
    Yep, I kept mine in the same place on a Z119 I had (between center seat and rear deck facing). My current boat has the holder built into the port console, but it's kind of a pain to get out sometimes. I liked it mounted to my floor, under the step, better. Not an option with the Z520c, though.

I didnt realize this was the Ranger forum til after I posted but I dont see why my answer wouldnt work on a lot of boats
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

9. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Mine is screwed right to the floor. Butts up against the seat base. Not in the way and always ready to use.

[IMG][/IMG]
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Mine is screwed right to the floor. Butts up against the seat base. Not in the way and always ready to use.

[IMG][/IMG]
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for showing us! As long as the upright angle is flush against a wall or divider, where you can't step on it and trip, no one should have a problem tripping on the flat portion of the board. Just have to be careful drilling holes out toward the edge of the floor, as there isn't as much free space there. Otherwise, you'd have a cooling foot bath for your co-angler.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I've been wanting to pick up one of the round slot holders similar to what comes on a lot of new boats that allow you to slide the board down into the deck, but I haven't been able to stomach paying $15 shipping for a little piece of plastic that's already overpriced at $10. Here is what I've been looking at: http://www.teamcandomarine.com/eshop...unt__Flush.htm
    link doesnt go to product and search doesnt find it

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    link doesnt go to product and search doesnt find it
    I’m not very surprised that the item has been discontinued or moved to a different web address in the nearly 4 years since this thread was posted. I did a quick web search just now, using the key words “bump board storage” and “fish measuring board storage.” A few items came up in that search, so you might take a look and see if they meet your need. One at Great Lakes Skipper was designed for Legend boats, which are no longer manufactured, but possibly they still carry that item. Another one made by Gator Grip is carried by Tackle Warehouse.