Gel coat repairs

Has anyone had blisters repaired? Like most boats built around and after 2004, mine has blisters under the bunks. Also has some deep scratches on the keel. Does anyone have any idea what it may cost to make the repairs???

Repair costs are relative to the amount of damaged area on the hull and shop pricing in your area. If you have blisters the full length of the bunks where they contact the hull it can get quite expensive.

2 - 4 grand if you have 4 foot or so of blisters to repair on two or more areas. There is a ton of labor involved in these type of repairs

The boat has to be removed from trailer and hung so techs can stand under and work ( or flipped on its side. )

Each blister has to be removed, ground out to 2 x its size, and depending on how deep the damage is, reglassed or filled with resin/fiber mix.

Hull has to be Sanded/prepped for gelcoating.

Once gelcoated the entire repair areas has to be wet sanded and compounded to get the factory smooth gel.

If your hull is anything other than white gelcoat the repairs will be slightly higher, if it is a flaked hull they will be significantly higher.

With gelcoat repairs, gouges, scratches, etc, you generally need to double or triple the size of each ( gouge/scratch) repair area to get a good blending match for the new gelcaot, especially with any polyflake colors.

Thats what I was afraid I'd hear. Thanks

Time for a gorrilla hull?
    http://toledofiberglass.com/gorilla-hull

That looks interesting. Thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    +1