Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Can you pop a DVD in it and watch a movie for when the fish aren't biting?
    Alex Darsen - 2013 Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS
    Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
    It's more serious than that!

2. Member
    LMAO, this is out of control, these manufacturers are *^&*%$ insane. They keep putting ultra uber expensive stuff out, and we fishermen keep buying it. We gotta stop supporting them, especially since 99% of us are not pros getting the stuff thru endorsements!!!

1997 Champion 181
    Merc XR6 150

Quote Originally Posted by tradicles View Post
    LMAO, this is out of control, these manufacturers are *^&*%$ insane. They keep putting ultra uber expensive stuff out, and we fishermen keep buying it. We gotta stop supporting them, especially since 99% of us are not pros getting the stuff thru endorsements!!!
    This x10

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

We? You got a mouse in your pocket? If its to much don't buy it. That's my plan anyway. No while I'm giving 5K for one unit.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Banned
    I stopped years ago.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I'm just going to mount a 55" at my console. When my trolling batteries die I can use it as a sail to continue fishing.

thank you for this comment. it made my morning. so true, but I am sure that many folks will buy them.

7. Banned
    Too much $$ with no real benefit for a weekend angler. Wait till your buddy hits the screen with a jig.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    Too much $$ with no real benefit for a weekend angler. Wait till your buddy hits the screen with a jig.
    You'll need to up the electronics coverage on the insurance policy if you buy them. I think I'll stick with my Gen2 touch units as long as I can and then maybe look at another brand next time.

9. Banned
    It's like buying 4 HDS 7's, so really pretty cheap. haha. That is more than I paid for my first boat and a humminbird 899. Hard for me to see the incremental value. Of course, if I fished for a living and got it for free, I'll take 2.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    The manufacturers seriously need to separate the monitor function from the brains so that new technologies can be incorporated without entirely new mounts, dash panels, etc.

There's absolutely no reason that the output of various devices can't be standardized to display on generic monitors.
    you can already do that on the simrads and link them to your hds.

11. Member
    And get a 24" monitor to run from simrad while you are at it.

http://www.simrad-yachting.com/en-us...rine-Monitors/

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarley View Post
    It's like buying 4 HDS 7's, so really pretty cheap. haha. That is more than I paid for my first boat and a humminbird 899. Hard for me to see the incremental value. Of course, if I fished for a living and got it for free, I'll take 2.
    I don't think nearly as many Pros get electronics for free as many believe.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

they do get a sweet discount. If your gonna go from running two 12's to one unit then it might be the ticket.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

14. Member
    I’m really surprised people don’t see the obvious money-saving advantage of these units! I mean, now instead of spending 6grand on a new used 200XS I can save $230 by just buying one of these instead and using it as a sail if my motor craps out.

15. Member
    Here is a video we shot down at the classic this year.

You are going to need a few of those lithium batteries if you want to do it right. Oh, and a special charger too.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

17. Member
    The thing that really gets me about the prices is this... the "guts" is a computer... taking input from external devices (tranducers,etc.), which are interfaced using software... they are raving about a dual core processor... which are dirt cheap, on a monitor that is waterproof.... that's it! Where is the $5000 going to, actually? R&D and huge profit margin, IMO.

For a 42' Hatteras, a 16" cost about the same as a weekend of drinks and food.

P01135809

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyG View Post
    The thing that really gets me about the prices is this... the "guts" is a computer... taking input from external devices (tranducers,etc.), which are interfaced using software... they are raving about a dual core processor... which are dirt cheap, on a monitor that is waterproof.... that's it! Where is the $5000 going to, actually? R&D and huge profit margin, IMO.
    HUGE profit margin, HUGE We buy computers that can do a lot more for around 1k with a 15" screen plus a keyboard. No way these cost any more to build than a computer.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    For a 42' Hatteras, a 16" cost about the same as a weekend of drinks and food.
    Yeah but they have the 24" simrad, they aren't half steppin' like these broke ass bass boat owners complaining about the cost of a small 16" that's "new" when they could have had a 24" linked to their hds for a few years now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast