US2 Sonar terrova?

I have been running a Helix 10 SI with external transducer on a terrova for about a year now. I pinched the transducer cable last summer and purchased and installed a new transducer on the terrova. I have been having problems off and on with displaying sonar, DI and SI for about a month. I reset the Helix 10SI to factory defaults and it cleared up the problem until today. I called HB customer service. (Very helpful. Very Polite) but still had the same issue. I removed the transducer cable this afternoon. No apparent cuts or sharp bends. HB wants me to send the Helix 10 SI and transducer in.

I am really thinking about going with a straight Sonar only unit with mapping and use the US2 internal transducer. Considering a Helix 9 Sonar. Not sure if Chirp is all that is available or if chirp on the US2 will provide any benefit over an older non chirp Helix 9.

Also considering Lowrance or Garmin with a 9" screen Sonar only with gps map. I realize I will not have network capability with the terrova but I don't use the follow contour mode very often at all...

Anyone tried any of the above Sonar units with the US2 in the Terrova?

2. Member
    At present up front I use a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI with the US2 and navionics. Works fine but I'll replace it with a Helix later, I have a Helix 10 on the bow connected to the Terrova.

3. Member
    for what my opinion is worth ive used the us2 in the terrova and in my ultrex both with my hds 7 and my hds 12. the us2 works cherry to me, I can watch a fish eat my jig in thirty ft of water or hit the drop shot at 50 ft. good enough for me and its already paid for.Also didnt have to mickey mouse and brackets or cables or wire ties on my shaft. I do not get any interferance of any kind either hope that helps ya Sure someone will come along and shoot me down soon though

4. Member
    So it sounds like the Lowrance works well with the US2. Thank you!

Birds and lowrance both work great for me on us2

6. Member

US2

One reason I am asking about which unit is because of a question HB asked yesterday... The question was asked if I turned the unit off when I stowed the terrova and moved to another area on the lake? I know there are times I have used the map at the bow while changing locations when the tm is stowed. I realize that the sonar is still pinging when the unit is on and out of the water but how practical is it to shut the unit off and turn it on every time I change locations on the water?

Does everyone shut the depthfinder off every time you change location?

No I do not turn off the transducer. Sometimes while redeploying in shallow soft bottoms it struggles for a moment.

8. Member
    good morning,

you have t0 tell the unit what transducer you are using........I had to call lowrance yesterday and speak with a supervisor..he walked me thru the program..found out there is a program on my HDS7 gen 3, with about 20 transducers...once i found the right one it works great........I went from fortrex 80 to terrova 80...just saying

good luck
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet

9. Banned
    it will work but youre going to sacrifice returns by using the us2. you also don't need to cut off the unit to stop sonar pinging, simply hit the power button and cut off sonar

10. Member
    If using lowrance units after stowing simply push the power button and let go, when the menu pops up on the screen simply touch the stand by i con. then once the unit is deployed again hit the power button again and touch the close i con and resume fishing...........no need to power anything down