Thread: Ultrex

921screaming250

Ultrex

Took the boat out today for first time, I'm so happy went with the ultrex....Let my grandson fish up front all day and I sat at concole and ran trolling motor with remote...And and the spotlock is cool also er

Same here. My daughter is so excited about being able to drive the boat with a remote. She can't wait to get out with me this summer to use it.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. 921screaming250
    Yea it will spoil u....Good times

4. Member
    I just wish some people would get them in Stock! It's just about time to head off shore and I sure would like one

5. 921screaming250
    Yea my Marina,anglers port,came through and got me one

6. Banned
    This will be great for the High School anglers when they have to run others' boats.

7. Member

Bass Tournament Easy Launch and River Anchoring for Catfish

I used mine in a tournament of 130 boats on Saturday March 25. It was interesting watching others try to stay in line and/or out of the way waiting their turn using their big motors or traditional trolling motors while I just sat in my driver seat hitting Jog to move a few feet either direction to weave around or out of their way until it was my turn to go. The river current made it difficult for some as it often does, but the Ultrex made it easy for me. I got a bunch of stares, and I think a few will be ordering their Ultrex soon as a result.

On another interesting point, for those that river fish for stripers or catfish, leave the regular anchor at home or in the hatch. All you need is the Ultrex. Putting out the anchor is now just the push of a button to anchor literally anywhere. I fished all day on a windy tidal river March 18 "anchoring" repeatedly and putting out 6 rods at a time for between 15 minutes and an hour at a time. One more amazing use for the precise spot-lock function we now have in the Ultrex.

8. 921screaming250
    U bettcha

9. Member
    Been running my Ultrex for three weeks now. Best investment i have ever made.
    2019 Blazer 625 / G2 250
    1996 21XD Bullet SOLD
    2015 Phoenix 920 / 250 Pro XS SOLD
    ALX Rods. www.alxrods.com
    The Best Designed and most Sensitive Bass Fishing Rod in the USA!

So as these things are used I want you guys that have them to report on how they effect your battery life if you are fishing offshore and using the spot lock on a regular basis. Watching the Classic on the live cams sold me on the need for a ultrex and would like some more info from current users.

Thanks

11. 921screaming250
    HAD mine out a few times,best part is anytime u have to leave trolling motor to do anything,just hit the button.. Especially in wind,when u normally get blown away

You guys are killing me! TW still telling me April 8 for shipping date. It is exciting to read all the great reviews. Has anyone tested the farthest distance the remote will communicate with the motor?
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

13. 921screaming250
    So as these things are used I want you guys that have them to report on how they effect your battery life if you are fishing offshore and using the spot lock on a regular basis. Watching the Classic on the live cams sold me on the need for a ultrex and would like some more info from current users.

Thanks

14. 921screaming250
    fished 8 hrs took boat home plugged in..over half battery life

I got my email today that my Ultrex is shipping! They were still showing April 8 for a shipping date as of yesterday. I am ready to get this thing on the boat!
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

16. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by berger1b View Post
    You guys are killing me! TW still telling me April 8 for shipping date. It is exciting to read all the great reviews. Has anyone tested the farthest distance the remote will communicate with the motor?
    That's better than the April 29 date I'm getting.

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    That's better than the April 29 date I'm getting.
    I take that back...You made me check MY emails, and mine is in the way as well.

18. 921screaming250
    Awesome,u will love it

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 921screaming250 View Post

Thanks
    I recently had mine on Pickwick lake on the Tennessee river. Spot lock held all the way up to 60,000CFM. I did kill my batteries one day but i stayed on a spot on 100% spotlock for over 4 hours and it held till the batteries gave up. I would say it saves on battery life because there is no recovery to get "back on the Spot" in heavy current. I am VERY happy with mine so far.

20. 921screaming250
    Awesome