Thread: Network add-on

Network add-on

Feel I know what I need to order but trying to prevent need for return.
    Buying:
    A) 547sx no/trans. B). Garmin network cable JR45. C) minnkota US2-14

Connecting 547sx to network ( waypoints and sonar) to my 840sx. Connecting 547sx to Minnkota Terrova.
    Ordering on line, could call but have found this sight very dependable.
    Thanks

2. Member
    You've done your homework. I see no problems at all as long as all you are trying to do is share the sonar and waypoints between the two units. If you have bigger plans there might be questions.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 03-21-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Never mind - I need coffee....
    Last edited by Larry3215; 03-21-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbill View Post
    Feel I know what I need to order but trying to prevent need for return.
    Buying:
    A) 547sx no/trans. B). Garmin network cable JR45. C) minnkota US2-14

Connecting 547sx to network ( waypoints and sonar) to my 840sx. Connecting 547sx to Minnkota Terrova.
    Ordering on line, could call but have found this sight very dependable.
    Thanks

After 40 years with Lowrance changing to Garmin has had a learning curve. Ordered the above. Week later, told 547sx out of stock, discontinued. And here is the important part: Told by the sales rep it would not do what I wanted it to do anyway. It was a stand alone unit I would have to buy another 840. Don't think this is correct but before I try to find another source for a 547sx, again , I trust it will allow ethernet of 2 transducers. The 547 sx will just serve as a way to read at the Helm from the bow transducer when trolling contours with the Minn kota or to read when fishing from the bow.

5. Member
    I've never owned a 547sx, but according to Garmin's website not only does it have wireless connectivity, it allows networked combos to share their internal sonar. It does show as being discontinued. It looks like you were given incorrect information.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/119850
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Thanks Larry...I should have bought this last fall but put off buying the unit (frozen lales will do that). It seems to be the least expensive way to accomplish what I am trying to do. Tried to buy it from one of the sponcers of this site but there are a few others sites on line I might try. Buying from unknowns far away want to make sure everything is good to go.

7. Member
    I would not put 100% faith in anything on the website. I have found many errors/conflicts/missing info, etc in descriptions and specs on a number of different models. You cant call support either because they use the website to give answers.....
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....