Anyone been on Tenkiller lately?

I'm thinking about heading over there tomorrow for a little bit and was wondering how the bite was.

Was there Friday. Bite was poor for us. Very, very clear down lake with some color up lake.
    It's low too. Be careful and follow the channel. I saw things sticking out of the water that I had no idea existed.
    We put in at Strayhorn landing and the middle portion of the ramp was fine. Probably farther than you want to go but I didn't look at any other ramps.

Talked to several guys and they were all struggling. (That made me feel a little better about myself).
    Most said they had done better the week before when the weather was stable. Maybe it will pick up again...
    Let me know how you do.

Thanks man. I may end up going somewhere else. I talked to a buddy of mine who has a place over there and he said the bite was tough today for him too. Only problem is the bite has been tough over here in Arkansas too. Guess it beats the heck out of working.

Yep, bite or not Friday was WAY better than being at work.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

5. Member
    I was there on Saturday. I couldn't buy a bite. Sandies were running though. Fun, fat little suckers. Kept the kids busy.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

6. Member
    I have a lot of history there. Went this weekend for a few hours expecting to hammer them... not the case.

I caught 4 in about 3 hours... one good smallie and the rest were slot fish. I'd find a school and then the graph would be blank before I could get a bait to them. They are on the move, wont be long before it blows wide open, but its not now.

Now that I've typed all that I see that its no help because yesterdays tomorrow is today and you're probably there....

Yep. Friday we caught two decent Smallmouths. One was on a main lake point and the other was way back in a cove. Nothing inbetween. Very confusing to say the least....
    Last edited by rhlabs; 03-21-2017 at 04:43 PM.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

I ended up going to Lake Dardanelle since I live in Western Arkansas. I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle between these two lakes. The fish over here are confused also. Caught several small fish but the big ones have not shown themselves yet. Hopefully in the next week or two they will move up.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I ended up going to Lake Dardanelle since I live in Western Arkansas. I'm pretty much smack dab in the middle between these two lakes. The fish over here are confused also. Caught several small fish but the big ones have not shown themselves yet. Hopefully in the next week or two they will move up.
    Maybe we need to do a swap sometime, always wanted to go to Dardanelle but afraid I'll break something not knowing what I am doing in a more river type setting.

Quote Originally Posted by bengiff206 View Post
    Maybe we need to do a swap sometime, always wanted to go to Dardanelle but afraid I'll break something not knowing what I am doing in a more river type setting.
    Sounds like a plan. I've fished Dardanelle for years but it's still tricky in spots.

Went today and caught 11 keepers but nothing over 3.5 lbs. Put in at Burnt Cabin and only one lane of the ramp is open and very flat at the end. Fog on the water until 9 or so and then burned off. Bite picked up in the afternoon with wind and cloud cover. Fished The mid to lower end of the lake.

12. Member
    Looks like the lake is up a few feet from the earlier posts, 5 1/2' low as of today. Any fishing reports, a buddy of mine is planning to hitting it next week?

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

Spent two days on tenkiller and don't have much advice on the largemouth because we struggled, caught around 10 fish each day on about everything so no good pattern. Best advice for bass I would say Carolina rig with anything watermelon. I will say anyone who has kids or wife's that like to fish there is more sandbass action than I have ever seen in my life, far north end of lake they are schooling like crazy every morning every evening. I forgot the boat ramp but it's just before you start heading up the river just straight south of that ramp. Probably caught 200 in two days and that's no joke. Can't wait to take my two little boys back, also caught them in numerous coves.