Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ordered some of the Ameriseal from the local NAPA store.

2. Member
    my advanced auto has the 50' for $80

3. Member
    I just ordered my roll for $55 shipped. there was a $30 coupon for anything over $80. cha ching

4. Member
    K.D. I watched the video and all he said was stuffing 8' waves gets water inside the box and then about the health of the fish in the livewells. I keep my boat under a custom cover and a tarp and it still gets water in the starboard locker. even if I didn't have a cover and it rained, how does water get into the lockers as the lid has an edge that fits over the lip of the compartment. my answer is no where in the video.

5. Member
    I’m sorry... I read your question to be that you don’t understand how the edge of the seal sits on the lip of the compartment. I didn’t see any of that other stuff in your previous post.

I mentioned the video as he shows him closing the livewells on the seal, talks about the sucking sound it makes as it seals.

He then installs the seal on the rear hatch. I thought that would answer your question as to fitment.

6. Member
    This is great idea!!! Did you have any issues with the compartment lids closing tighter? I would think it might put some strain on the hinges if pushes up too much.

7. Member
    it will strain the hinge until the bulb part relaxes a bit. there are a bunch of screws along the hinge plus they are in aluminum and not fiberglass which should make for a forever mating between the 2.

8. Member
    Tried to order the Ameriseal 15805 from Advanced Auto and they said non in any of there warehouses. Would cost me over $100 to special order with shipping. Any one know any other places to order from?

9. Member
    GOOGLE is what ye seek. I ordered mine from the Advanced Auto website and then searched for coupons and got the $30 off anything over $80.

Just installed it on my ZX 225...Ordered 50ft and had about a inch to spare..Great tip and thanks

11. Member
    Yea that is what I did but can't find the 50ft length on there site. Only 20 or 100 feet. I contacted Advanced Auto Parts site either, they said not in any warehouse. I need to get it done. Fished a tourney this weekend in the rain and the lockers are damp.

12. Member
    you should be able to search for the part number that has been provided through google search engine and the 1st link should be advanced auto

13. Member
    Do your lids still close flush with these seals installed? I was watching Palaniuk fish, and you can see his lids aren't sitting flush.

14. Member
    probably not. you can adjust the new type of lid lock to shut tighter but the old style (like what I have) then there is no adjustment

Just installed on my boat. Just the 2 rod locker, since they are the only ones that get water in them. I have the old style of lids that you can not tighten. They do stick of a little but I think they will compress in time.

16. Member
    I just installed mine yesterday on the rod lockers and livewells only as the other compartments have no carpet and they have drain holes so I saw no need and I have a buddy who wanted to try it as well. the lids stick up slightly but I doubt I will trip over them or at least I hope not.

17. Member
    How are you guys cutting the trim since it has steel inside it?

18. Member
    It just has small sections of soft metal like aluminum. Pair of dikes cuts it with ease..

19. Member
    I used sheet metal cutters. a dremel would work

20. Member
    Ok cool, thanks mine is coming today. So have my weekend project to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast