Yamaha SHO shuts off

My SHO is shutting off.. to the point where if feels like some one pulls the kill switch.. Only when I get to higher RPM'sI can run 4000 RPMS and idle all day long but once I get rolling and get on it, it will run... and then BAM!!! like it has no fire, or something electrical come off..
    I put it back in neutral and it fires right back upo

There is no horn, or over heat, or anything...

Just cruising and then dead...

Anyone experience this before?

This all of the sudden started happening.. no environmental changes or anything.. no oil leaks found..
    I can swap fuel cells on my Basscat.. and still happens on both tanks

Seeking pointers to triage it.. Dealer is a little drive away...

Mo

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    mine did that and it was a kink in the fuel line where it come out of the rigging tube into the engine
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    It does sound like your losing fuel.

4. Member
    the rigging tube.. is that the big black hose where everything is funneled into? If I pinch a hose, would it stay pinched?
    or would I need to replace it?

5. Member
    Yea that's the big black hose. If the hose is pinched enough it will keep pinching itself whenever it gets in that position each time. So say when you trim down or whatever, each time you do that it will kink in that spot.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    mine had a loop in it and when It got warm it would collapse and at high RPMs it was just like pulling the kill switch,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I have heard of some having trouble with the Neutral sensor. Have you tried putting the gear shift all the way forward when you put it gear?

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

8. Banned
    Other possibility is that the lift pump or the high pressure pump filter in vst is partially clogged.

9. Member
    Remove your motor terminals of you battery and clean them, the sho motor needs a battery to run, it happened to me aswell, i cleaned my terminals and problem gone!

Hope this is the answer to your problem bud, have a nice day!

10. Member
    my battery is new.. and I locked down those terminals.. but will check them again tonight.. been busy week and have not had the chance to look at
    I will keep everyone posted what I find and thanks for the ideas

Mo

11. Member
    Check your ground on the motor side. Mine was lose and would cut off at full throttle.