Prop for a 96 Mercury mariner 125 hp?

Hey guys,

Im currently running a 96 125 mercury mariner on the back of a 96 17 foot nitro. I have a 26p quiksilver lazer 2 right now, its the prop that came with the boat. And im having trouble with holeshot. I want to go down to a 23p stainless 3 blade but not to sure on what props to look for. I'm not to familiar with props and not really sure what route to go. If anyone has any info on what prop to look at I'd appreciate any info on it.

Thanks
    2002 Triton TR 185/ 2002 Mercury XR6
    Lowrance HDS 12/HDS 7- Console
    Lowrance HDS 9/Carbon 9-LiveSight Str8-Up dual mount- Bow

You have the small diameter gear case so you need a small hub prop. That leaves you with the Trophy plus(4 blade), the Laser II and I have a Stiletto made by Turbo 23". The trophy in 23" should be close to perfect, the Laser II in 24'' will be close to what you need. The max RPM's on your motor should be 5250 RPM. The stiletto seems to run a little stiff, I'm getting 48-4900 RPM at 48-49 MPH, but it lifts better and runs better top end than the 24'' Laser II that came on my boat. What are your WOT RPM's, and what problems are you having with hole shot?

Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    You have the small diameter gear case so you need a small hub prop. That leaves you with the Trophy plus(4 blade), the Laser II and I have a Stiletto made by Turbo 23". The trophy in 23" should be close to perfect, the Laser II in 24'' will be close to what you need. The max RPM's on your motor should be 5250 RPM. The stiletto seems to run a little stiff, I'm getting 48-4900 RPM at 48-49 MPH, but it lifts better and runs better top end than the 24'' Laser II that came on my boat. What are your WOT RPM's, and what problems are you having with hole shot?
    I sent you a PM
    2002 Triton TR 185/ 2002 Mercury XR6
    Lowrance HDS 12/HDS 7- Console
    Lowrance HDS 9/Carbon 9-LiveSight Str8-Up dual mount- Bow