Question Thoughts on Minn Kota ULTERRA 80 LB 45" US2/i-PILOT

Good afternoon folks,

Just want to get a few opinions and suggestions on the Minn Kota Ulterra's and Terrova's? My father has bad knees and we are thinking about going in one of these 2 directions. I have heard good and bad. I know we have a lot of vegetation that we fish down here in Florida, so that is my number one concern. Also, I'm trying to do my research on the 2 models but I'm not really understanding the difference. If you do have any thoughts on the situation, please share, and also if possible, could you educate me a little bit on the difference between the 2. Thanks in advance for the help!!

2. Member
    I had two terrovas and they did not struggle in hydrilla anymore than a fortrex. I believe main differnce is that the Ulterra self-deploys and stows, but I would bet it would struggle to stow if it had some hydrilla hanging around the shaft? I just switched to an Ultrex and it has been great and much easier to stow and deploy than the terrova I just took off my boat. Only advantage the terrova might have over ultrex is the ability to place electric control pedal basically anywhere on a boat while the ultrex is still cable steering although power assisted. Both have remotes you can wear on a belt or around the neck.

3. Member
    Thank you for your reply bigkahuna!