Post Rod locker mods?

The rod tubes in my Z9 always slide out of their holes. Any easy mod to keep them in? I've tried superglue but it always seems to break loose. Possibly gorilla glue? Any other suggestions?

2. Member
    silicone

3. Member
    Loctite makes a product called PL premium. that stuff will stick anything... permanently. It once held my car bumper in place without any screws.
    1997 Nitro 884 savage / 1997 Mariner 175 magnum II

You may want to consider just removing the tubes and the back handle holders all together.... It is only 4 screws total. Invest in some rod socks or stick jackets and you can put 2 to 3 times as many rods in the box... :-)
    Last edited by KCLOST; 03-21-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    I've always had the rod tubes cause problems, rod snaps and bending guides. Out of all the boats I've owned the first thing that goes is thone rod tubes
    Last edited by 5dinkbass; 03-22-2017 at 08:32 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    You may want to consider just removing the tubes and the back handle holders all together.... It is only 4 screws total. Invest in some rod socks or stick jackets and you can put 2 to 3 times as many rods in the box... :-)
    Definitely take them out! I was using rod socks AND the tubes and kept having broken eyes and after about the 3rd one I realized the eyes would catch on the side of the tube going it if I didn't rotate the rod face down when inserting them. I just took them out and lay them in the box and its easier to get them in and out with no more broken eyes.
    2015 Nitro Z9
    Mercury Optimax 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live bow
    Dual Lowrance HDS9 Live console
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8' Power Pole Blade