Where to place Structure Scan- TR22 2001

2001 Triton TR22 TJZ2E164A101
    Mercury 250 XB 2001 - Engine Serial # 0T235489

Just purchased a lowrance 2D structure scan.
    Trying to determine the best place to add structure scan. The down imaging unit is mounted on the back of the boat, not on one of the two indents under the boat.
    A buddy and i were trying to figure out the best place to add the structure scan -
    a) back of boat next to down imaging (the challenge with this location when the boat is on plane sonar isn't reading depth very well)
    b) on first indent
    c) on 2nd indent

appreciate any feedback

2. Member
    I have a 04 20x. I mounted the structure scan under the motor on a cross piece of the Yamaha.Don't have any problems graphing.

3. Member
    I made a bracket for my jackplate and mounted mine here. It's out of the way, and I get an awesome picture.

2007 Basscat Pantera II. 200hp Yamaha Hpdi.

4. Member
    Mine is also on the holeshot plate of my jackplate.

5. Member
    Has anyone mounted one off to the side of the jackplate?

6. Member
    Here's one I made

2004 Triton TR-186DC - Mercury 175 Optimax

7. Member
    thank you- great suggestion

8. Member
    I have mine flush mounted on the first step of the pad right behind the plug. Cant even tell that its there and didn't spend a dime on a mount. I understand this makes a lot of guys nervous as your drilling 6 holes right into your fiberglass, but you just need to make sure the holes are sealed with silicon. Ive had mine mounted there over 3 years without any issues, and it reads great since its mounted ahead of any water turbulence. Just make sure you swap the left/right read on your unit since you'd be mounting the ducer backwards.

9. Member
    do you have any pictures. i one of those guys scared to death but ready to do it
    01 tr 20

10. Member
    • FeitenFish

MemberJoin DateMar 2017LocationSaint Paul, MNPosts4

#804-13-2017, 03:51 PM
      I have mine flush mounted on the first step of the pad right behind the plug. Cant even tell that its there and didn't spend a dime on a mount. I understand this makes a lot of guys nervous as your drilling 6 holes right into your fiberglass, but you just need to make sure the holes are sealed with silicon. Ive had mine mounted there over 3 years without any issues, and it reads great since its mounted ahead of any water turbulence. Just make sure you swap the left/right read on your unit since you'd be mounting the ducer backwards.

do you have any pictures. i am one of those guys scared to death but ready to do it
    01 tr 20