Older Ranger Carpet Question

I have just recarpeted my 1987 374v ranger, I did the carpet the exact way it was from factory. I did not run the carpet all the way to the sides covering up the little lip in between the carpet and wall. After it was done and looking at some of the cuts I now wish that I did. So my question is, what would be the best option for me in regards of a carpet trim to make it look good or am I just out of luck and going to halfta deal with it. All the trim I can seem to find is meant to be stuck onto the sides.

Thanks in advance!

Ill include a image of a deck showing the lip I am referring to for reference. (Using a picture of username: Twitch that he posted on the ranger boat pictures.)

2. Member
    I know what you mean. I have a 94 364 and was wonder how the factory did such a good job cutting the carpet so cleanly. I re carpetted my 04 620 and know how difficult it is to make a clean straight cut. The carpet on the 620's go all the way to the gunnel and use the rubber trim to cover unsightly jagged cuts. I feel for you. If it bothers you that much, I know I would bothere me, at least it's not such a big area you can always rip it out, put padding up to the lip and carpet over to the gunnel.

3. Member
    My 03 has a raised rim between the carpet and wall that is only about 1/2" wide. Carpet trim sticks to the rim, not the side wall, and covers edge of carpet. From the pictures your rim seems wider, though.

4. Member
    I think this might be what you are looking for. https://www.trimlok.com/plastic-extr...FYhqfgod3Q0KTA
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.