Lifting a trailer?

I know this sounds ghetto, but hear me out. We put a lightweight clamp bracket with a short ram trim on the Xr.

The LU looks pretty close to the ground in full up trim, like worry some low if I have to go up a step ramp or something of that nature.

We were thinking about maybe putting 1-2" lift spacers under the axels to give a little more clearance when traveling anyone done this ever??

have noticed some guys pull LU off all the time traveling with short drag trim Rams. Don't really want to do that if I can avoid it.

2. Member
    I would think spacers would work. You could also look for a different set of springs that could raise it up a bit.

3. Member
    My son used thicher bunks to raise his inboard ski boat, solved his problem.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    My son used thicher bunks to raise his inboard ski boat, solved his problem.
    Lee have thought about that too, but i don't think it would sit on the front roller right that way on my trailer?

Drop the tongue more when trailered would help some also.

6. Member
    If I still had the lifted f-250 I could but my stock z71 is too low for that

7. Member
    When you put in higher upright bunks, angle them the right amount and the front roller should be fine.

8. Moderator
    I use tg pull the top bolt out of the short trim ram and lift the engine by hand to a special motor totor I made when towing.
    The best fix was when we went to an enclosed trailer.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    I use tg pull the top bolt out of the short trim ram and lift the engine by hand to a special motor totor I made when towing.
    The best fix was when we went to an enclosed trailer.
    Thats a good idea, I need to look at my clamp bracket and see if it's accessible on mine. And I think the custom trim ram I have might even be shorter than a Merc shirt ram!!