Boat launch.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    been there and seen that. It's usually when i'm in the biggest hurry

2023 ranger 198p

4. Member
    A lot of truth to that

5. Member
    Actually, about forty years ago, when working the evening shift, I would go down to the boat ramp on Sunday to watch all the pleasure boaters try to launch their boats before I would go to work. It was wholesome entertainment. You would never know what would happen from one launch to the next. Everything from boats sinking with no drain plug, an not able to get their trailer back in the water because another boater had the ramp blocked because he couldn't back up, to a catamaran trying to launch with his sail blowing the boat over in crosswind onto another boat on the next ramp. I am serious when I say I would watch for hours during the summer, and couldn't believe what I would see.

6. Banned
    Memorial day is a hoot.

7. Member

8. Member
    Must be the guy in Texas.
    Praying for a Cure

9. Member
    I watched a guy try to load his wake boat into a trailer for 30 minutes on Lanier yesterday. Then he pulled up and blocked the the road while he strapped down and cleaned all of the crap out of his boat. It is the season

That was me 3 weeks ago with my new boat
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

11. Member
    A few years ago I was at a local state park. The husband was in the boat honking to horn and yelling for his wife to hurry up. I launched my boat, beached it and went to park my trailer. Here is this guys wife (I found out later) in their big old SUV stuck in the parking lot. She had jackknifed the boat trailer. She was crying and I could hear her husband in the background still yelling at her to hurry up. I asked her if I could help which he gladly agreed. I got her straightened away and parked her rig for her. As we were walking down the ramp I gave her the keys. Her husband saw that (that's is how I found out it was her husband yelling) and then laid into her about letting a stranger park the SUV. Wonder how long that marriage lasted.

12. Banned
    1. I actually saw an Indian (from India) launch a big pleasure boat.... they couldn't get it to move once it was launched...?? ..looking closer... they DISCONNECTED THE TRAILER from the car.. launched the boat with the trailer STILL ATTACHED to the boat...honest truth!!

2. I have actually backed other peoples boats because they were having such a hard time and blocking the entire launch... (I have little patience for this..sorry).. or the morons that back right up to the water before getting ready to launch...especially the pleasure boaters with kids, floats, coolers, towables, food, parents... etc...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5BigKeepers View Post
    1. I actually saw an Indian (from India) launch a big pleasure boat.... they couldn't get it to move once it was launched...?? ..looking closer... they DISCONNECTED THE TRAILER from the car.. launched the boat with the trailer STILL ATTACHED to the boat...honest truth!!
    That may be the best ramp story I have read, and I've read a bunch. Wish I could have been there for that one.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5BigKeepers View Post

2. I have actually backed other peoples boats because they were having such a hard time and blocking the entire launch... (I have little patience for this..sorry).. or the morons that back right up to the water before getting ready to launch...especially the pleasure boaters with kids, floats, coolers, towables, food, parents... etc...
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

15. Member
    I Too am guilty for going to the lake and watching the insuing maylee of people at the ramp, but I do it in the evening (usually Sunday's) because not only is everyone in a hurry to get home but they have been drinking all day as well and this makes it even better....

The best one I have seen:::

Our Lake (Lake Oroville, Ca) is a water storage lake that tops out at 900' (above sea level) and bottoms out around 500'. This lake fluctuates over 250' per season on a typical year.... When the water dips below 660' our available launch ramps are all out of water and the State makes a single lane gravel/dirt launch ramp with these big metal grates for traction while loading/unloading (these are only 8' wide) and are typically very steep. There is a looong line of people waiting to retrieve their boats from the water and this little Oriental Guy is trying to back his trailer down the ""Ramp"" and is exactly like the cartoon at the top of this page..After 5-10 minutes of watching him and listening to all of the A$$hole$ yelling at the poor guy (and he was being very apologetic to all), I decided to offer my assistance. He graciously accepted and as I was backing his trailer in the water this A$$hole in a Porsche Cheyenne (bitchin' looking) was still just tearing into this guy. He was using every expletive you can imagine. In a matter of 2 minutes I had his family out of the water and off to the side (out of the way).
    So the guy in the Porsche fly's down the ramp like an idiot and his wife loads their giant wakeboard boat (very well I might add) in just a few minutes. As he is pulling his boat out of the water, he and his rude wife are still yelling out the window at the guy I helped. He then hammers the throttle to show how fast and easy he can do things. Well the strap holding the boat broke and as he was speeding up the ramp his $100,000 boat came off the back of that trailer faster than I think I can launch a bass boat and was lying flat on the ground, I don't think I have ever laughed harder at anyone... Then to make it even better the Park Rangers were told it would be over an hour for the 2 tow trucks it would take to lift/move the boat back onto the trailer, so he decides to hook up to the boat with a tow strap and drag it out of the path of the ramp so others could get there boats out of the water....HaHaHa,, Just goes to show Karma is out there and it is REAL....

Have a great summer everyone on BBC, thanks for all the laughs and stories....
    Jason Bubier
    530-230-8868 -Cell
    ajbubier@sbcglobal.net
    U.S. Army Veteran / Proud Navy Dad

Listen, There should be a class, test and licence required to launch boats. soooooo many boaters don't have a clue what their doing.
    2001 Ranger Comanche 520DVX
    Lowrance HDS Live Electronics
    Ghost Trolling Motor
    250 Pro XS Mercury
    Detwiler Hydraulic 4" jackplate
    3" below pad, 40 psi water at speed
    26P Fury, 2 solid vent plugs
    6000 rpm @ 70 mph GPS, Tournament load