Voltage reading high

My voltage gauge has always read high. I've not experienced any issues, but can't think this is right... (it's been this way for four years). I'm currently running a Interstate 24M-XHD (800 cca and 1000 cranking amps, but only 135 reserve).

I'm about to replace all my TM batteries this week and was thinking about upgrading the starting battery if it would help...(this battery is only 14 months old). I run two 11 series units, but don't run livewell pumps as I don't tournament fish. I've never had even the slightest issue with this battery, but would like some advice.

Would the voltage gauge read high due to this battery in use?

This is for 250XB. Ser# 0T235389.

Thanks!!
    Champion 206
    250XB

2. Member
    You will need to take a reading with a DVOM to see if there is a problem.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... check voltage AT the battery, and compare to the voltage gauge on dash. DVOM would be the one to trust...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1... check voltage AT the battery, and compare to the voltage gauge on dash. DVOM would be the one to trust...
    Will do. I have all the batteries out right now for replacement and doing new pumps and hoses while I'm in there (aged and brittle).
    Champion 206
    250XB