Powerpoles or talons?

I have a 2004 20xd..my question is how hard is it to make room for the pumps for the pp? Or is it easier to just add talons? Running a 24v trolling motor so I have 3 batteries..oil and gas tank and battery charger. Any tips? Would like to see pictures of either. Just trying to do some research before I pull the trigger. Thanks

I can't answer your question but from a looks standpoint the Ppole Blades look better on a Bullet IMO.... My fishin partner has Talons on a Stratos and they work great. Either are prolly fine I'm just givin my .02 on the most important factor....LOOKS!!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Put the pumps in the passenger storage box. Or pull the tank and mount in the back like i had to do on my trim pump

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Crank68, most def agree pp looks good on a bullet but have actaully not seen any talons on a bullet.

Alli ss, Would rather leave passenger storage open if at all possible. I haven't done enough research as in how big the pumps were as to how much space I actally had. The only place I could mount it would be behind the tank and was hoping somebody had done the same and could maybe post a pic or two of how they done theirs.

5. Member
    I had 2 8' blades on my 20xd and had to put the pumps in the passenger storage box. Mounted them to the back wall and still had plenty of room in it. I was running a 36v trolling motor so I had 4 batteries in mine. Biggest problem I had was it made the back of the boat sit so low I had to put a ball in jackplate

6. Member
    Send me your number and I will text you some pictures its really easy too do you can fit everything in the back compartment
    20XDC250PROXS

7. Member
    Both of my PP pumps are in the vert rear of the starboard side, back under the cap. There's plenty of room left for the cranking battery but I moved mine to port.

IMO the Powerpoles look great on a Bullet if you use the mounting Bullet brackets made for the Rapid'jack!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by rookie22 View Post
    Crank68, most def agree pp looks good on a bullet but have actaully not seen any talons on a bullet.

Alli ss, Would rather leave passenger storage open if at all possible. I haven't done enough research as in how big the pumps were as to how much space I actally had. The only place I could mount it would be behind the tank and was hoping somebody had done the same and could maybe post a pic or two of how they done theirs.
    My trim pump is mounted opposite the wall of the batteries. The bolts come thru into the battery area to give you an idea. I had to pull my tank to get it in there

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    You should not have to pull your tank to mount them they will fit in the same area as your batteries. I have had mine set up two different ways. The way it is now I have the oil tank and three pumps on the starboard side and all three batteries on the port side with the lithiums the weight is not an issue. Before I switched to the lithums I turned both of my trolling motor batteries and slid them back as far as I could and mounted the pumps in front of the batteries they come with A "L" bracket that I screwed to the floor you just have to use 1/4" screws just leave enough room to remove the bolts from the pump's to the bracket.
    20XDC250PROXS

My 20xrd with 2 group 27 interstates in billet hold downs leave almost enough room for a quart of oil but not quite on the port side. Oil tank and starting battery fills up the stbd side. My trip pump is the small one and theres not even enough room to lay it in either compartment and shut the lid

11. Member
    I appreciate all the replies.
    40xdc, you have a pm.
    Mojomaster...that's one thing that concerns me is adding all the weight to the back end. Cause whenever my 200 optimax pukes I'd like to invest in a 250..therefore adding more weight.

12. Member
    I guess I would have to look at how exactly I could utilize my space as in turning batteries or whatever to make it work. I appreciate the help and info.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie22 View Post
    I appreciate all the replies.
    40xdc, you have a pm.
    Mojomaster...that's one thing that concerns me is adding all the weight to the back end. Cause whenever my 200 optimax pukes I'd like to invest in a 250..therefore adding more weight.
    The 200-250 Pro XS should weigh the same....I think...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    Crank68...after a little Google search I believe you are right. That's solves that problem I suppose