Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willpage77 View Post
    I beg to differ with you on that.
    My BIL has a 11-12 z7 with a 24 tempest, 150 pro xs and it will smoke me. He has got 61 with two ppl before. On average min will get 60-63 depending on water temp w/ just me. His mid range to top end power is a considerable difference than my 175.

I would lay a 8ft straight edge against the bottom of your hull. You will more than likely notice a gap right above your trailer axle.

2. Member
    The thing that gets me. Nitro makes hulls. Like that is their product, being the hull. They have a known hull issue, yet no recall or product improvement. (This boat has less than 200hrs on it, 2010 model)

Granted, I didn't buy the boat new. I'm the second owner as far as I know.(according to the dealer) I bought it outside of the five year warranty transfer period. This does not change the fact that it is jacked up. An american company, a southern american company to boot. I expect more, than sorry. I work for a John Deere dealer. I would say that JD is the standard for owning their quality issues. As long as that machine has warranty, the owner doesn't matter. They stand behind their quality issues. Why would a boat company be any different?

I guess what aggravates me the most is that I love the boat except for this. Looks great, lots of storage, comfortable. I mean I would own another nitro given that I had hull warranty before the purchase. However, as much as I like it if their was another option that offers the same features for around the same price, or just a little higher I am going to go away from nitro because of this. I understand there are bad products in every thing but, support sells the next one. A smooth salesman will get the first sale but, product support will sell the next one. If Nitro is good with that I guess i am to.

3. Member
    Even if I had to pay a portion of the repair, they should offer something.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick View Post
    ... They have a known hull issue, yet no recall or product improvement...
    I think they did make an improvement. They are pushing their "Nitro Vortex Technology" hull pretty hard right now. I think those curves they added to the bottom of the hull will make it more rigid and very hard to deform.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

5. Member

2013 NITRO Z 7 WITH A BADLY HOOKED HULL

I HAVE SEEN EVERYONE'S RESPONSE FROM HOOKED HULL ON NITRO BOATS, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THE NOSE PLOWING DOWN INTO THE WATER, WILL NOT GET ON PAD. JUST CAME FROM EXPERT
    FIBERGLASS SHOP, THEY REPAIRED A SMALL BIT OF ROCK DAMAGE ON THE V OF MY 32 YELLOWFIN, I HAVE A 2013 NITRO Z-7, AND HE SHOWED ME THE HOOK
    WITH A 4 FT STRAIGHT EDGE, ITS TERRIBLE !!! WELL JUST THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE NITRO SAID NOT THERE PROBLEM. HE SAID HE CAN FIX IT, SO NOW I'M WAITING
    ON THE ESTIMATE TO REPAIR... I TOLD HIM TO HURRY, ITS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE DEALER AND TRADE IT FOR A NEW SKEETER Z X 190. THIS NITRO BOAT, MOTOR AND TRAILER
    PACKAGE ONLY HAS 68 HOURS ON IT, AND THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN !!! I CAN PROMISE NITRO THE WORD IS GETTING AROUND QUICKLY, AND NOW I'M HERE TO WARN EVERY
    TOURNAMENT FISHERMAN AND AVID FISHERMAN ALIKE HERE IN FLORIDA ABOUT THERE EXTREMELY POOR WORKMANSHIP.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod&Reel74 View Post
    I HAVE SEEN EVERYONE'S RESPONSE FROM HOOKED HULL ON NITRO BOATS, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. THE NOSE PLOWING DOWN INTO THE WATER, WILL NOT GET ON PAD. JUST CAME FROM EXPERT
    FIBERGLASS SHOP, THEY REPAIRED A SMALL BIT OF ROCK DAMAGE ON THE V OF MY 32 YELLOWFIN, I HAVE A 2013 NITRO Z-7, AND HE SHOWED ME THE HOOK
    WITH A 4 FT STRAIGHT EDGE, ITS TERRIBLE !!! WELL JUST THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE NITRO SAID NOT THERE PROBLEM. HE SAID HE CAN FIX IT, SO NOW I'M WAITING
    ON THE ESTIMATE TO REPAIR... I TOLD HIM TO HURRY, ITS GOING STRAIGHT TO THE DEALER AND TRADE IT FOR A NEW SKEETER Z X 190. THIS NITRO BOAT, MOTOR AND TRAILER
    PACKAGE ONLY HAS 68 HOURS ON IT, AND THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN !!! I CAN PROMISE NITRO THE WORD IS GETTING AROUND QUICKLY, AND NOW I'M HERE TO WARN EVERY
    TOURNAMENT FISHERMAN AND AVID FISHERMAN ALIKE HERE IN FLORIDA ABOUT THERE EXTREMELY POOR WORKMANSHIP.
    Nice first post. Guys coming in hot with the caps lock pegged to the floor usually have zero credibility. Good luck with the Skeeter.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Nice first post. Guys coming in hot with the caps lock pegged to the floor usually have zero credibility. Good luck with the Skeeter.

My thought also, First post

Lol. But, I can't imagine a single hard core tournament angler who rushes out and buys an 8 year old boat with 68 hours on it and doesn't run it in the lake ! Or a guy who has a 60,000 $ yellowfin but a 6,000$ nitro... should be 300k mako and 70k nitro

but really othere boat threads reads on here will see this and be like "every day a nitro has a hooked hull thread" lol
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    I feel bad for those people who have a hooked hull issue outside of warranty....I think Nitro should step up and at least offer to help.

Having said that....the other side of the coin is that it is the buyer's responsibility to be fully educated on the warranty policy of the product that they are buying....especially if it is used. Nitro's hull warranty is not any different than any other major brand of boat being sold in the USA today. It is transferable...up to a point. You need to know when the boat was manufactured which is easily done and how many owners the boat has had or is about to have. I did all of this research before buying my last Nitro in January of this year.
    It is also very wise to do a water test...take your time and feel the boat out and ask LOTS of questions. If your gut does not like it, walk away.
    Lastly do as MUCH research as you can on the model your at potentially looking at to purchase. Google is great for returning searches titled "blah blah blah review".

I see as many issues with "other" higher end bass boat brands, some much worse than a hooked hull....so Nitro is NOT alone.

Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    My thought also, First post

I laughed. Not once but twice. LOL
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

11. Member
    That pic in post #1 is a hook in the hull.

12. Member
    Yes your hull is hooked according to pic. That stinks. Buddy has same issue however his is under warranty and Nitro is replacing hull. Contrary to other comments the boat will not lift no matter where the motor is or prop, its created air pocket btween surface and hull and unless your drill a hole through the top (DONT DO THIS) it wont lift. Nitro should goto bat for you however earlier warranties were not transferrable.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

13. Member
    My '13 Z7 did the same thing. Hooked hull. Nitro gave me a brand new z18 hull and dual axle trailer. Ride is nowhere near as good and storage is pitiful.
    If the thunder don't getcha, the lightning will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12