Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Swap props with him to get that out of the equation.
    Just a thought the prop could be bad and not lifting, a swap will see!

all else fails, roll off trailer at ramp, hook cable to eye, drag it down the road n back.. that outta level the bottom..Red Neck Style

3. Member
    I contacted nitro... they said it has no warranty, I was like would you not want to participate in fixing it since its your reputation... No response... Now I have owned another nitro and my brother in law has had a few. We have never had an issue. I'm pretty discouraged..

4. Member
    Does the transom hang over the back more than your boat. If it is unsupported it can warp and develop a hook over time.

5. Banned
    How much to have a fiberglass shop fix the hook?

Take it to the closest Bass Pro Shops and park it out front with a big sign on it. That'll get their attention, whether they do anything is another story.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Take it to the closest Bass Pro Shops and park it out front with a big sign on it. That'll get their attention, whether they do anything is another story.
    Been there done that and I can tell you for a fact they don't care. They sell junk and they know it . They market it well put shiny stuff on it and people keep buying it .

8. Banned
    If it was KVD's or Roland's boat I'm sure they would have fixed. However, a good glass shop would repair it better than new.

#28 ... The pic you shown with 2x4 shows the curve, they'd build up fiberglass & resin to match , to level/straight. glass smooth and paint.

10. Member
    How much would that cost? Where would a man even find anyone that is known to be good at this?

11. Member
    I don't know for sure but I would venture to bet the glass work depending on shop would be 1500-3000. Part that would suck is you would also have to remove motor, fuels, batteries ect so it could be flipped for proper repair. They will have to grind it down to make it adhere, built it up then block sand it smooth and straight. If done right it should handle better than new as it should be perfectly flat/straight/sharp at that point.

12. Member
    WOW! So someone else has my luck.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

13. Member
    The best thing to do may be to go back where he purchased it and speak with them. If they will not make good, trade it in on another boat elsewhere. I would not put more money into it.

14. Member
    I would try a 25M and see how that works, but I think you were taken by previous owner.

15. Member
    Another vote for test drives.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

16. Banned
    A 24 Tempest on a 150???... Sounds like a lot of prop for the combo... Dan

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    A 24 Tempest on a 150???... Sounds like a lot of prop for the combo... Dan
    There is a somewhat confusing post in the Nitro section posted by "Chadwick" that indicates the engine is a 175 pro xs.

Before I'd call the lynching mob I'd listen to the knowledgeable guys on here who are saying run a good clean 23 Tempest at 3.5" below pad. You might be surprised what you might find out. Running other props other than the stock results might tell you a lot more. And believe it or not, some hulls have hook built in. I'm not a Nitro boat designer or engineer but who knows. My cobra has a ton of hook built in on purpose. That's why they run flat. A 10" plate and trim wedges got me over my hook and lifting. Now it cooks. Again, run different props before you go calling the lynching mob and see what you find.

Nobody puts a hook that big, that far forward on any boat on purpose. That boat came out of the mold too soon.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

20. Member
    Might look at the gator hull or gorilla hull I'd bet they could level it out with that stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast