Question tire wearing badly on one side

Ive got a 2007 Puma tandem trailer. Just noticed that the front right side tire is very worn toward the inside. Other 3 look fine. Probably 2 years old. Has anyone had this happen and what is the cure?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Bottomed out and bent. If theres a good frame shop plus alignment shop near by can be fixed. If not axle replacement more than likely.

3. Member
    Put a level on the rim .heat axle and bend till level.or pull a tape on both front and rear of tire bend to you get same measurement front and back of tire..measure center of tread on each side of axel

OK I went and got a replacement tire the size that was on it was p215 65R15 95T. So today I notice that the other 3 tires are p215 70R15.
    Would the difference between a 65 and 70 cause this problem?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boefish View Post
    OK I went and got a replacement tire the size that was on it was p215 65R15 95T. So today I notice that the other 3 tires are p215 70R15.
    Would the difference between a 65 and 70 cause this problem?
    Yes!

The 65 is shorter (and with a wider section), causing that end of the axle to be lower, which changes the camber angle.
    Although... I'd think if it's lower it would tend to make the outside of the tire wear more.

I'd still have a serious look at the axle angles (as others have said, it may be bent).
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

Before you go buy a new axle, jack up the boat and wiggle the wheel in question. A badly worn set of bearings can wear out a tire like that

Quote Originally Posted by reelmin5 View Post
    Before you go buy a new axle, jack up the boat and wiggle the wheel in question. A badly worn set of bearings can wear out a tire like that
    that make a wheel have a very slight wobble as it rolls?? noticed my left wheel doing that last trip to lake in curves going up mtn to lake..? jacked up it don't wiggle in & out any lolo

8. Member
    well theres your problem lady
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

9. Member
    Take the tire back and get the same size.