Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2017 Xpress x19 175 sho top speed

24 tempest balanced and blue printed cup added .Two people all tackle every campartment full 1/2 tank .ptp 3.5 66 gps. No chime walk .What a deferents after Mr Croxton worked the prop

2. Member
    Sounds great! I made need to try that setup.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

3. Member
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Amazing what good prop work can do for a boat. Not to mention the 'shine' Mark can finish one off with.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

4. Member
    I had talked to Renoldys Racing Marine in East Tennessee a Xpress dealership .They are in performance boats .The guy I talked to said the best setup for the x19 175 sho was 14" jack plate .24 Fury and start at 3 1/2 ptp.I already had the tempest and a 10" jack plate.My last boat Phoenix 618 175 pro xs the fury was 2 to 3 mph faster but hard to drive.So I can see the fury being faster than the tempest.

5. Member
    Did you buy the prop from Mark or send it to him for tuning?

6. Member

Prop

Quote Originally Posted by wishiwasfishin2 View Post
    Did you buy the prop from Mark or send it to him for tuning?
    I had the prop and sent it to him.

Good running Nick. Sounds like you got her dialed in pretty good.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

8. Member
    Running a lot faster than mine. Couple of days ago I had 2 people, loaded down, 57 & touching 58mph was all I saw on my GPS. Appeared to be turning 5400-5600 rpms. I assume my POS Powertech prop has me held back quite a bit still.

9. Member
    The 23 power Tec prop would only turn 5400
    with out over trimming on my .Now with the tempest it runs faster with less trim .Lots of used tempest props out there . But I did have to have mine worked on .It Was running 64 stock but was getting some mid range slip.Mr croxton nows his stuff

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    Running a lot faster than mine. Couple of days ago I had 2 people, loaded down, 57 & touching 58mph was all I saw on my GPS. Appeared to be turning 5400-5600 rpms. I assume my POS Powertech prop has me held back quite a bit still.
    brother flash that show to a 225 lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    The 23 power Tec prop would only turn 5400
    with out over trimming on my .Now with the tempest it runs faster with less trim .Lots of used tempest props out there . But I did have to have mine worked on .It Was running 64 stock but was getting some mid range slip.Mr croxton nows his stuff
    Should have my new Tempest Wed. of next week I am told. Then I will work on Jackplate settings and see what I can get out of it then. I will ship this prop ou to Mark if I have more trouble.

Thanks for the info
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    brother flash that show to a 225 lol
    Gonna wait for all the warranty to be over before I start doing anything radical hahaha. I do want to try a prop change though. Will have to meet yall at the camp one day and see what we can come up with.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris View Post
    Gonna wait for all the warranty to be over before I start doing anything radical hahaha. I do want to try a prop change though. Will have to meet yall at the camp one day and see what we can come up with.
    I will be there the week of Easter if your around.

14. Member
    My buddy has an x19 with 175 sho. Were would you guys recommend looking to find a FXP Turbo 23P prop for it? I cant even find the right part number to really search for one. Factory prop says ofx3r23pcl200

15. Member
    Turbo is owned by Yamaha and the FXP prop is made for the SHO motors. This is what I found for a prop #MAR-14723-R1-00. I saw a place online, Crowley Marine, that shows to have some in stock.

16. Member
    Crowley Marine will show that they have them in stock when they don't actually have them. I got excited when I found their site sometime back. I called and they did not have them. I would call them and check first before ordering. If you can't find one the Mercury Tempest is a good prop for that boat/motor combination. I'm running a 23P.
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

17. Member
    I tried a used Fxp it was slower than the tempest.

18. Member
    Is there anyone who has had their pt worked? Im curious to know I can spend a couple hundred bucks to have mine worked and get similar performance to an FXP. Or should i not even waste my time?

2018 X19 175 VMAX SHO

19. Member
    I decided to send my Temptest instead of a PT to have worked. I did not want to waste a couple hundred bucks on a PT and be disappointed in it. Hope to have my prop back next week.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee X19 View Post
    I decided to send my Temptest instead of a PT to have worked. I did not want to waste a couple hundred bucks on a PT and be disappointed in it. Hope to have my prop back next week.
    23p tempest?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast