210 Champ trailer

Should there be much boat weight on the bow stop? I've always felt like my boat trailer was flexing to much going over hills or road irregularities. I'm thinking of moving the bow stop up some so more weight will be on it. Where its at now its setting down on the roller but if I can lift it about 4" if I pry up with my back. The constant rocking is starting to put a bruise in the fiberglass right above the eye.

2. Banned
    Yes you should have more tongue weight. I can't budge mine... Dan

3. Member
    Dan? Looking at the bow stop mine has a lock screw and I can move the stop up and down. Its was at the bottom. Roughly how many inches up is yours from the bottom setting.

4. Member
    I'm following along here also. My 210 is floppy up front if not winched down tight. Maybe my bow stop needs to go up ? Or down ? How can I tell if it's not correct ?
    GETFISHED !!!

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I'm following along here also. My 210 is floppy up front if not winched down tight. Maybe my bow stop needs to go up ? Or down ? How can I tell if it's not correct ?
    Same here, but my winch stand is fixed ... I'd like move the boat another 3-4" forward.

6. Member
    My winch stand is up about an inch, it used to be loose and it rocked BAD! Raising just the 1" made all the difference in the world.

7. Member
    Ive moved mine up a couple inches but haven't trailered it yet. I'm hoping it helps. I removed the cable yrs ago and use a ratchet type buckle there now to help hold it down. Another thing that's floppy on mine is the swing away hinge. Ive done away with the plain pin and used 2 bolts to smash it tight. No play now but hope those little steel ears don't ever crack off. That will be a wild ride.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by champ210 View Post
    Dan? Looking at the bow stop mine has a lock screw and I can move the stop up and down. Its was at the bottom. Roughly how many inches up is yours from the bottom setting.
    It's at the dealer. I'll get some shots and measurements as soon as I get it back... Dan