Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soft plastic mold

Looking for a a mold that is close as possible to a Paca chunk. Any I deas? I have looked at the mud bug but I don't think it has the same action.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I tried to contact them in the past and no luck getting in touch with anyone.

4. Member
    i had to call 2 or 3 times before i got and answer

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I tried to contact them in the past and no luck getting in touch with anyone.
    If you order it, it will show up. It may take a while (Bob is really busy and usually swamped with work) which creates plenty of bitching by the instant gratification set.

On another site there are guys taking action with an attorney about not getting their molds and it has been months. I think I will look else where.

Yup... You'll even find one that was going to file a fraud complaint with the AZ attorney general because he didn't have his mold in two weeks.

I have used BTS a few times the last few years. Order your stuff as you will get it and it will be perfect when you do. It's well worth the wait. Bob has yet not to deliver. It might take a while but it will get to you. He also is good about making it up to you via price or an extra or two.
    I can usually reach him by phone or text and without going in to detail the man has a lot on his plate and he is trying to keep up with it all. They are dealing with some pretty serious health issues.
    I would order in a heartbeat again if I needed anything.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 03-23-2017 at 09:17 AM.

9. Member
    do you guys think he could make this mold that could be poured instead of injection molded?

It could likely be done (they would have to look at the actual bait to be sure) but having a one off mold made is not cheap. You could also check with bustinbass on here to see if he could do it, but you're still in the one off price bracket unless he wants to (or can) make it for a stock item.

the actions is 4600.00 worth of molds with ceased communication. just for the record. good bit of change..

i could not do the jacobs mold much different than if you bought it and drilled it out bigger to hand pour in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustin' Bass View Post
    the actions is 4600.00 worth of molds with ceased communication. just for the record. good bit of change..
    I agree, but intent to defraud needs to be proven. It's not like Bob is some guy pretending to be a machinist with a machine shop and selling blue sky (that would be fraud, being slow is not). There is no contract "drop dead" time, and the guy had a chance to reclaim his funds and didn't take it (why doesn't really matter).

Agreed, we will see how it shakes out. 4600.00 is a good bit of change.

15. Member
    From past experience with BTS this situation doesn't surprise me that much due to history...I do believe in karma.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    If you order it, it will show up. It may take a while (Bob is really busy and usually swamped with work) which creates plenty of bitching by the instant gratification set.
    Which is why I got my money put back on my credit card. That way I don't have to read someone's postings about how swamped & busy he is. Money is pretty important to the most of us & I sure don't like giving mine to someone that won't call back, reply to emails or private messages you send him when you know he's online at tackle underground. We all know most get covered up & molds have a waiting period. Looks like Leonard will be very busy at baitjunkys, but you can bet we'll get what we order & when backed up it will be posted on his site & there is also no problem with calling him direct or him returning a call. You can hold up for him all you want, but there are plenty of other mold makers that appreciate our business too & have no problem returning phone calls or emails. I trust most folks, but with business practices like Bob has I sure won't give him another chance to earn mine. No matter if he is supposedly the best there is it's not worth the risk when we have Baitjunkys, basstackle & several others to choose from in my opinion.
    Last edited by Les Young; 04-03-2017 at 01:20 PM.

I know you know Les, but for the others this is in the news section at BTS.

"We here at BTS would like to inform all our customers that due to health issues Bob has taken a leave of absence.He has been sick for awhile but kept ignoring his issues due to his large hike in orders.We would like to apologize for the lack of communication,but Bob is a rather private person when it comes to his business affairs and we had know idea how behind or overworked he had become which lead to complete bedrest for the next month.We would also like to assure everyone that BTS is NOT out of business,and Bob WILL be back and take care of all your orders.We will post updates as to when he will be returning and as we start to process orders we will contact each and everyone as we begin to process your order and when we ship.Please have patience with us this was something beyond our control but Bob really needs to rest and get healthy again.We thank all our wonderful and loyal customers for sticking it out I know we had many worried.Bob will make it up to you by putting out a great product with the excellent craftmanship you all love.And hopefully he will be introducing some new items soon after his return. Thank You from Bob @BTS"

18. Member
    Yep I saw that Bryan. Hopefully he'll get straightened up. Without health we have nothing.

19. Member
    I'll post this and if it get's deleted it's by one mod (I'm taking a snap shot of the post for assurances)...BTS has cost Fringe countless thousands of dollars as well as 2 other mfgs. I/we understand that BTS is a mold maker..no problem with that. The problem is greed dictates and greed maybe be responsible for the situation ie..over work? At issue is, this is the 2nd time Bob as shut down for one reason or another....either way trust is broken and the damage is done and he has people's money. Fringe has moved past the damage and only wish to convey to others the knowledge we gained the expensive way. Mold makers are mold makers it's what they do for a living, once the molds leave their shop you're on your own..never assume anything.

Oh the drama.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast