Concealed Mount Control Box (OMC)

Has anyone had any experience changing out a older Model Control Box with a new Concealed Mount Control Box from Evinrude BRP.
    My boat is a Stratos 201 -2008 Model and was wondering about gaining access to this area and how to go about getting the old one out and the new one in.

The Old OMC Control Mount is damaged and has to be replaced.

Attached is a picture of the existing Concealed Control Mount handle.

PM banana0721. He has/had a 2007 201 Stratos and he replaced his OMC CSM a few years back.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Is the controller damaged behind the gunwale or is the control handle bad?

4. Member
    Both

5. Member
    Both

I have the same controller in my Stratos.....often wondered how to remove it...I've been in there before and pulled back bleeding hands...lots of little snags and screwpoints sticking thru...someone will be able to tell you the best way to do it....It's a hard access point fer sure.....if you end up replacing the entire unit...I would be interested in the handle itself....My neutral lockout lever is damaged....pretty hard to find..... and that nice little rubber button cover....let me know if you would entertain selling just the handle.....best of luck my friend!!

there are a few screws /nuts...(hard to get to) to get the handle off....then the plastic bezel that's flush with the fiberglass..after that's off I think you will see the mounting screws..you probably then pull the entire unit towards you to unplug the harness/wires and remove cables....Iam NOT certain of this..just trying to help...when I replaced my trim tilt button I had trouble with 1 screw..when I put it back together I drilled a hole all the way thru the handle and reversed the fastener so I had access to it from the drivers seat instead of the small space between the back of the handle on the gunwale...

8. Member
    The handle is cracked at the top and I would not recommend it, I would give it to you and it would work,it is working for me now.

That would be awesome...I don't need to use the handle...just the red neutral lever and the little lockout button rubber cover....did you try removing the old one yet?...