Thread: Bow Lights

Bow Lights

I've mounted LED bow lights on other boats and was having a hard time figuring out how to do it on my RT until I came across these: http://www.lmpwdesigns.com/. They are enclosed in there own case and should be protected from all the trees, docks and everything else I seem to collide with. Very bright and a ease to install. The company owner is also a RT owner .
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Oooooooooh

3. Member
    I like the way these kind of lights look and I wish boats would come from the factory setup that way. It would probably be cheaper for the manufacturers than the socket and pole. As long as my socket and pole work I am not going to spend time changing it though.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I like the way these kind of lights look and I wish boats would come from the factory setup that way. It would probably be cheaper for the manufacturers than the socket and pole. As long as my socket and pole work I am not going to spend time changing it though.
    I'm just too lazy to dig through the compartment to find it and then put it back . And the fact that they really look cool when they're on .

5. Member

Just got finished installing the backlights in my rubrail on my RT 188, turned out pretty good I think.

6. Member
    Looks good King

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    I'm just too lazy to dig through the compartment to find it and then put it back . And the fact that they really look cool when they're on .

My pole was was put in once and will be there until I part with the boat.

8. Member
    Looks great. Are those LMPW?

9. Member
    Yes they are.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bucksbass View Post
    Looks great. Are those LMPW?
    Yes, the blacklights I installed were the kit from Vision Bright Tough Mount also, took a little work, but I was happy with the end product. Very easy to install, just a little time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerKing View Post

Just got finished installing the backlights in my rubrail on my RT 188, turned out pretty good I think.
    Oh yeah... Got close up pics of those
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

Looks great. Thats a good idea for that style of bow its hard to put stick on lights they are pretty vulnerable. Very sharp.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    Oh yeah... Got close up pics of those
    Here's some close up pics of the lights, hope it helps you, the lights that come in the kit are 3528 LED strips, their not as bright as the 5050 LED's but with the six down the one side they should put out plenty of light for my needs.

2017 Ranger RT 188 Charcoal Metallic
    Mercury 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrexx 80 lbs.
    Garmin EchoMap 73DV

14. Member
    The website said these lights weren't approved for navigation. Did you look into this? I would think they would be plenty bright enough. Can you see them good from the side with them being mounted up on the front the way you did?
    Humminbird 999SI(con) & 899SI(bow) interlinked
    Ultrex 80
    10' Talon, Hydrowave, Mercmonitor, Bluewater LEDs, Motormate

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gshellems View Post
    The website said these lights weren't approved for navigation. Did you look into this? I would think they would be plenty bright enough. Can you see them good from the side with them being mounted up on the front the way you did?
    Yes. They are very bright. I actually used a exacto knife and beveled the inside corner edges to allow more of a light angle. Technically they may not be legal but I've not had any problems with the same kind of setup in the past

Quote Originally Posted by RangerKing View Post
    Here's some close up pics of the lights, hope it helps you, the lights that come in the kit are 3528 LED strips, their not as bright as the 5050 LED's but with the six down the one side they should put out plenty of light for my needs.

Hot dang that looks good dude
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

Vision Bright Tough Mounts

I want to thank everyone for there interest in The Vision Bright Tough Mount and posting your photos of our products installed on your boats. I hope that for every set sold meets the expectations of each and everyone of our customers.

Thanks again,
    Lance
    "Safe Boating.... Good Fishing... and God Bless."

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LMPWDesigns.com View Post
    I want to thank everyone for there interest in The Vision Bright Tough Mount and posting your photos of our products installed on your boats. I hope that for every set sold meets the expectations of each and everyone of our customers.

Thanks again,
    Lance
    Thanks for a great product Lance. I do have one question though. Will you ever design any of these mounts that will accept a 5050 LED strip, or is there just not enough room.
    2017 Ranger RT 188 Charcoal Metallic
    Mercury 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrexx 80 lbs.
    Garmin EchoMap 73DV

Yes, the space you have to work with for the mount to fit inside the Rub rail in some cases are very small and that's why we chose the 3528 / 600 strip. But for the RT series boats and other boats that use the same style insert with 3/4" wide Rub rail extrusions, we could design a mount that would except a 5050 strip. That is an good idea. we could offer that as an option upon request.

Thanks, Lance