Livewell timer issues 2015 ZX

Guys, Having a issue on recirculation pump. Works fine on manual but stopped working at all on auto. Horn has been working intermittently as well. Not sure if it has a timer board or what. Going to pull panel this afternoon and check. Having been running some rough water so don't know if I have a loose wire on rocker switch or what. Anybody seen what controls the timer in the newer ZX models? Thx Kerry
    Last edited by Kerry201pro; 03-19-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

2. Member
    It is fairly simple wire behind there. Check the white connectors behind there and make sure they are tight. It could be your timer going bad. At least you still got some warranty left.

Thanks Randy, do you know where the timer is located? I've had all that off and have not seen the timer itself. I'll trace it down if it's not a loose connection.
    Kerry Copeland
    Decatur, Alabama

4. Member
    I believe my relays are right there behind the switches Little red round things.

5. Member
    They are potted and look like red shotgun shells. Swap em and see if the problem follows the timer.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

resolved Timers are red and same part # for recirc and fill. Swapped and still same, looked further and there are 3 encapsulated fuse holders. One for recirc timer, one for auto fill and one for main bus power. The timer fuses are 5 amp and main power is 15. make sure to add some fuses to your dry box
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Kerry Copeland
    Decatur, Alabama

7. Member
    I just found this post and it really helped me out. I have 2014 ZX 20 and I lost my live well timers. After reading this post I was able to check out my 5 amp fuse and it was blown. Replaced and good to go. Thank you guys for your great post.

Kerry, when I got mine, it wasn't the livewell but the dry lock that was having issues. I wasn't gonna mess with it so I had Kyle take it apart and when he pulled out the relay and rotated it the fan kicked on... Go figure. Ended up replacing it and it was good to go. The way those things kinda just hang there is not really in great thought for boat design in my opinion cause they take a beating on the water. But once you know how to make a headache go away pretty quickly it's not that big of a deal I don't guess... Still should be a better way for that...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand