Thread: 1998 Cobra 1710

1998 Cobra 1710 console switches

I recently just purchased this boat and was wondering if anyone had some input as to what all the control switches are and what they do. None of mine are labeled and I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what each one is for. I'm wanting to replace them with ones that are labeled but just make sure I buy the right ones. Also does the bilge pump only kick on if there is standing water in the boat like I said I don't what switch it is and I can't here it running.
    Last edited by Jmstott87; 03-19-2017 at 12:46 PM.

2. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

3. Member
    I'm running an identical boat and I have the switches that lay beside the driver seat so mine doesn't look like the picture above. If yours sounds like mine I'll try to grab a picture or write down the order and what they go to tomorrow.

Also, your bilge should be on a 3 way On/off/on switch. One way is manual pump and the other is auto and only comes with the float.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixieman18 View Post
    I'm running an identical boat and I have the switches that lay beside the driver seat so mine doesn't look like the picture above. If yours sounds like mine I'll try to grab a picture or write down the order and what they go to tomorrow.

Also, your bilge should be on a 3 way On/off/on switch. One way is manual pump and the other is auto and only comes with the float.

That would great if you could do that. That's how mine are behimd the driver also curious about the ones on the bow I know which one the Tilt/Trim switch is just not the other two. Thanks Again

5. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Thanks That's exactly what mine looks like. One more question though on the livewells switches do they both just pump water in or is one for recirculating and the. This may be a dumb question but the ACC switch what is that used for

7. Member
    The livewell switch on the left in the picture above is for the pump connected to the valve (recirc/empty/auto). The valve works like this - Recirc just recirculates water already in the livewell, Empty drains it, and Auto pulls in some fresh water and some livewell water at the same time. The switch on the right is for the fill pump only.

The ACC switch can be for anything, but mine is for my Humminbird on my dash.

I added the Courtesy switch and it controls my deck LED's and livewell lights.

I ordered the printed switch covers from here - https://newwiremarine.com/product-ca...switch-covers/

8. Member
    Thanks!!! This helps out a lot

9. Member
    You're welcome. Our boats are essentially the same, so if you have any other issues, feel free to PM me.