Thread: Custom Rod ...

Half Fast

Custom Rod ...

Good morning ... I'm a 12 year Navy vet and a good friend of mine is retired Navy. He now resides in Germany and has a friend that is retiring Navy after 30 years. He would like to have a custom fishing rod made for him since he's an avid tournament fisherman. He resides in Raleigh, North Carolina. Do y'all have any recommendations for a rod builder in that area. He wants the guy to be able to go in and tell him what he'd like if possible. Thanks ... Mike
    Fishing, A passion my wife allows me to pursue !!!

2. Member
    Post this in the NC Bass Club forum, there are some good rod builders in NC. Cashion Rods for example is one, I have two and they are good.

3. Half Fast
    Thanks ... I honestly didn't know where to start but figured vets or active duty could help me out.

Thanks, That's a hell of an idea right there. I hadn't thought about a custom rod depicting a Retired Army theme. I'm emailing the local rod builder.
    04 Sea Pro SV2100cc w/ Suzuki DF150
    02 Scout 162 Sportfisher w/ Yamaha 60

5. Half Fast
    Thank's y'all. I re-posted as suggested in the North Carolina page and have had several different names given to me to pass on ... I am hoping he finds what he needs because I know it would be a treat for me if I were to receive something like that.

6. Member
    JB Custom Rods in Dunn. He's a national sponsor of Fishers of Men. John (Ballard) makes some great rods. Link: http://www.custombassrods.com/