Hi guys, I am hoping the prop whispers here can help point me into the right direction. While out fishing today with a fellow BBC'er I slung a good sized chunk of ear off my favorite prop a worked 27 Bravo I XS (2nd time in the past 4 to 5 years). I bought this boat new back in 2008 and it took me about 2-3 years and 4-5 props to settle in on the Bravo I XS but now I am thinking of giving the Fury 4 a try. Here's a brief history of props and outcomes I have tried over the years:

**Full disclosure I run a heavy load thus performance with 2 people, full gear, 40+ gallons of fuel, and full live wells is way more important to me than gaining those extra mph's running solo & light.

27 Trophy+--This is the prop I ordered to come on the boat when it was new and to date it was by far the fastest on top end, however hole shot suffered (even with blowout ring & multiple PVS combinations), it wouldn't load onto the trailer, didn't handle great (especially at lower plane speeds). Within 6 months it slung an ear so I decided to try something new.

27 Tempest (B&B by Mark Croxton)--This prop was fair but didn't have a great hole shot and didn't do well carrying a load.

26 Fury 3 (B&B by MC)--This prop by far performed the worst as it wouldn't lift my hulk at all, even after having it worked).

Razor 4--I still have this prop and never got the hole shot dialed in to really test it out. In its defense I didn't put a lot of time into it as shortly after getting it my Bravo I XS came in. I am going to circle back to it this summer and see how it does.

Bravo I XS--It ran pretty dang good out of the box, good hole shot (great after having 2 additional PVS holes drilled), stays on plane at lower speeds, handles like on rails, lifts the whole boat, all of this while being fully loaded. I guess the only real downside to this prop is this is the 2nd time a big ear chunk has slung off (previously repaired).

Thus here is my delima, do I get this prop repaired for the 2nd time or do I try the new Fury 4? If I go with the Fury 4 I then have to decide and on the 25 or 26 pitch? I could turn the 27 Bravo I XS (which I want to say was more like a 26.5) every bit of 6050 rpms fully loaded and close to 6200 light. But from what I have read the Fury 4 is a bit more stout thus I am leaning toward the 25 as I really like a strong hole shot and again I pretty much always run heavy and with 2 people.

After all these years and various props it is clear to me that my boat (how I run/load it) simply runs better with a 4 blade which is why this new Fury has peaked my interest. What do you guys think, does anyone have any experience running the Fury 4 on a 2008 20xhp with a 250, or running this prop in comparison to a Bravo I XS? As always thanks for your help and hopefully I'll get it all figured out and fixed up soon.

Thanks, Todd