Thread: A/C Grand Lake

A/C Grand Lake

Fished the Anglers Choice Classic on Grand Lake this week.Tough fishing,to say the least.Thanks to Fastbird for keeping me safe and letting me know about water temps.Thanks to David at Honey Creek Outdoors,and special thanks to Grove,Oklahoma.The Police,the business owners and locals are top notch.Never seen a 250 boat tourney go so smooth.I wish every big lake had a 400 boat lot and a 6 lane ramp!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

3. Member
    We said we'd go back in a heartbeat,but the tourney director pointed out that close to half the field blanked.

4. Member
    Well said. I was there as well. Extremely tough conditions. Had it been a week earlier or week later it would have fantastic. Very smooth process,great facilities..I'm sure Rick will go back. I too would like a crack at grand lake facing better conditions.

5. Member
    Glad to help!!! Hope you make it back here sometime, when the bite isn't tough. Well actually when there is a bite....lol

6. Member
    I was there as well. We caught fish. Had several decent spots in practice that I thought I could scratch a limit out of. Of course, they were on the south end of the lake and I lost top end of the Yamaha. Needless to say I spent a lot of time close to take off. Great lake and the ramp is something to be seen. I would go back in a heart beat. As a matter of fact, once the Yamaha is running smoothly again I will be going back.

Was there as well and can say without a doubt that the Tourism people have the launch down to a science. Have fished alot of Championships and never seen getting 250 boats in the water go so smooth. As far as the fishing it was brutal due to the front and we really never we're on anything special although we did manage to squeak out 6 keepers for 2 days which wasn't too bad considering what was going on. Sure we will be going back so will get another shot at Grand.

Paul Allsup - Grand Lake
    04\' 519svx w/04\' 200 Opti