Point 1 Best Location

Installing two gen 3 9's and have two older gps antennas on the top cap at rear corner and nose. I was going to mount point 1 in place of the starboard rear antenna but I was told that I'd not a good location due to proximity to the big motor. Any better ideas within reason on an 07 Puma ?

2. Member
    Was told from a friend to invest into a point 1 antenna? Give me some insight. Just installed two HDS9s Gen 3

3. Member
    When I upgraded to a Point 1 2 years ago I put it where my previous antenna was located in the starboard rear and have had no signal issues whats so ever.

4. Member
    Good to know because that seems to be the only option. Mine is on the starboard rear corner on top cap by the vent. Is that where yours is ?

5. Member
    That's where mine is mounted with no issues.

Mine is mounted just to the left of my Fortrex/Ultrex, no problems there either. I just copied Ike's.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Mine is mounted just to the left of my Fortrex/Ultrex, no problems there either. I just copied Ike's.
    Yeah that's another option. I got an old gps antenna up there too. On another note looking at my lss2 mounting options I'm limited to either next to the jack plate on the transom or drill and tap the bottom comer of the plate but that is close to when the motor is turned hard right and down on the trim. I'm not worried about reading on plane as I will use existing thru hull puck for 2d. But dang this thing is s stump knocker. I only run a 6" fixed slide master so fitting between the plate and motor is no go. Anybody done anything else with theirs on s similar set up ?

Transducer Shield and Saver for your Structure Scan transducer

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    Good to know because that seems to be the only option. Mine is on the starboard rear corner on top cap by the vent. Is that where yours is ?
    Yes, that is where mine is located.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    Yes, that is where mine is located.
    Cool thanks.. Looks like a got two options then. Cha Ching just added another bracket to the mix. Side mount and shield for that LSS2 on my 6" manual plate. I guess I should have just spent another 100 and got a saver for the TM HDI ducer too.. But enough is enough for now..

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    Installing two gen 3 9's and have two older gps antennas on the top cap at rear corner and nose. I was going to mount point 1 in place of the starboard rear antenna but I was told that I'd not a good location due to proximity to the big motor. Any better ideas within reason on an 07 Puma ?
    I was able to mount mine on the Starboard side at the verrrrrry edge of the back deck. I was far enough away from the big motor but still a lot closer to the transducer I use while idling. I have not had any issues with interference.