Oil alarm problem

I have a 2004 evinrude 150hp ficht model#e150 plsr serial # gsn85514b404 the ck engine light comes on and the oil alarm comes on also.Had it to a dealer in Me last year they said i am getting oil to the engine and that they think i have a short somewhere but they were to busy at the time to work on it.Fished a whole day with the alarm after the dealer had no problem except for the alarm ringing in my ears.Any help would be appreciated.
    Al Spinozzi
    Nazareth, PA

2004 Stratos 285 ProXL Evinrude 150

Post this question in the Evindrue forum. Make sure you include your model number. There has been instances where people had no oil alarms in cold weather and it was cured by switching to Evinrude XD100 oil because it flows better in cold weather. If you have a system check tachometer you should have 4 lights that will sound an alarm. Check Engine, Overheat, No oil and Low oil...you just said oil alarm so when you post in the Evinrude forum let them know which oil alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Post this question in the Evindrue forum. Make sure you include your model number. There has been instances where people had no oil alarms in cold weather and it was cured by switching to Evinrude XD100 oil because it flows better in cold weather. If you have a system check tachometer you should have 4 lights that will sound an alarm. Check Engine, Overheat, No oil and Low oil...you just said oil alarm so when you post in the Evinrude forum let them know which oil alarm.
    Your right Gene i don't know what the heck i'm thinking should be in the Evinrude forum. Thank you
    Al Spinozzi
    Nazareth, PA

2004 Stratos 285 ProXL Evinrude 150

Oh FYI there is no such thing as a 2004 Ficht. That's the reason why a model number is so important. Around 02-03 OMC was sold to BRP. They made a few design changes a renamed the motor DI. (direct injection). Then around 06 they totally redesigned the motor. The totally new design is the first generation of E-TECH. Model number tells exactly which motor you have and I guarantee its not a 2004 Ficht.