New Talon Install Help - Bob's Machine Jackplate Z520

Guys,

Need some help. I am mounting a new pair of 12' Talons on my Z520 which has an 8" Bob' Machine jackplate. I am using the MK universal mount to mount to the JP. I ordered from Bob's their Talon spacer block and got drilling template. Here are my questions:

1) Does the spacer block fit into the indentation or just over it. My spacer is to long to fit into the indentation.
    2) The drilling template and spacer block holes do not line up. Wrong spacer?
    3) Does anyone have pics of universal mount on 8" BMS jackplate?

Thanks for the help.

ROB

2. Member
    Just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I have an 2004 520 with a Bob's Jackplate. I talked to one of the guys at Bob's, I think his name was Kevin. He told me to get some big washers to put in between the indentation and the spacer. I was able to get the top of the spacer to be supported by the jack plate but the bottom part of spacer was over hanging the indentation. This is where the washers come into play. I used washers on both top and bottom to fill the gap. Make sure to get different size thickness of washers to figure out what works best. I went to the local Ace hardware and bought a bunch and returned what I didn't need. I never received a template for drilling the the spacer holes. The spacer holes will line up with the universal bracket elongated holes. Double check that though.

I can text you some pictures
    Matt