Anyone interested in a 98 188D with no motor?

I have a guy that I think I could get to trade me a 98 cobra 188d for a motor I have. I saw it a couple days ago. White cobra. It needs wet sanding . Carpet was fine. Wasn't original. Had windshields. No Motor . Not original seats. Had a couple fold down seats put in that need to be changed. Not sure what the market is on it, but I would have to be able to get no less than $2500 out of it for me to be worth trading my motor for it. What do you think? Can I get what I need out of it? I do have a mercury 2.5 powerhead in the garage that I could find a blown motor to slap it on, and have a motor for it If I needed to, but Already have a 201D that I'm almost done rehabbing, so I really don't want anther boat clogging up the driveway. I know the wife doesn't. I just hate seeing a Cobra go to waste.

2. Member
    I would certainly think it would be worth $2500 as long as the transom is in good shape. Can you get some pics of it?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    I would certainly think it would be worth $2500 as long as the transom is in good shape. Can you get some pics of it?
    Ill get in touch with a buddy of mine that lives at lake of the ozarks. See if he can run by there and take some pics for me.

4. Member
    I'm in the market for something similar. It would have to be VERY nice for me to give 2500. Id think more like 1500.

5. Member
    Really wish I had the space to take in something like this for a project... One day