Thread: Prop to pad

Thumbs Up Prop to pad

I know it varies from boat to boat. Tires, air pressure etc. when you measure pad to floor what do you get? I had 14.75. Seems like my last boat was 15. Trying to figure out where 3.25 is on my atlas. I had to get to 14on gauge. What do most of you with atlas run? My first hydro.
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

2. Member
    tire/trailer height has no effect on measuring P2P. measure from ground to bottom of hull (when hull is level), then measure from ground to center of prop shaft (when prop shaft is parallel to sound), and subtract the two.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=62660
    ex: 1999 Champion 203 Elite 2006 Mercury Optimax 225
    Wifey: 2017 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp Mercury 225 pro xs

Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post
    I know it varies from boat to boat. Tires, air pressure etc. when you measure pad to floor what do you get? I had 14.75. Seems like my last boat was 15. Trying to figure out where 3.25 is on my atlas. I had to get to 14on gauge. What do most of you with atlas run? My first hydro.
    I would also figure out how much your plate is traveling....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by codywilsonfihsing View Post
    tire/trailer height has no effect on measuring P2P. measure from ground to bottom of hull (when hull is level), then measure from ground to center of prop shaft (when prop shaft is parallel to sound), and subtract the two.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=62660
    not sure I understand how if a boat sits 1" hire off of the ground (when level) because of tire pressure or trailer that wouldn't affect pad to ground level. You do understand d my question was pad to ground. That was my question.
    2020 921elite

Height of trailer or boat pad from the ground is irrelevant. That number will be what is used to subtract and find the actual prop to pad number...

Pad of boat is 20" from the ground. Center of prop is 16.5" from the ground. You use the pad to ground number and subtract the center of prop-shaft to ground number to find out the prop to pad distance. With the number listed prop to pad is 3.5"...now jack the trailer up 10" keeping everything level. Pad is 30" from the ground and center of prop is 26.5" from the ground. Your prop to pad distance is still 3.5" because the prop to pad height was never changed only the height of the trailer/boat off the ground.

In the diagram A and B can be any distance...its whats between A and B that you want to know.

If you want to know where a prop to pad height of 3.25" is on your atlas gauge just do a measurement as the jack-plate is currently set. Find prop to pad and adjust atlas to achieve 3.25". If you have an atlas gauge remember the number its on when your actual motor height is 3.25" That way if/when you raise/lower motor height you know where to adjust your motor to get back to 3.25"

Last edited by JR19; 03-19-2017 at 01:26 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artdevilish View Post

Thanks. I get that. What I said above. Read it. Was wondering what most of you guys got from pad to floor. When measuring prop to pad I went 14.75 to pad to floor and 11.50 center prop to floor. 3.25 p to p. I was just asking what most measures pad to floor. Thought it was clear.
    2020 921elite

13.75 pad to floor

8. Member
    Thanks.
    Jess
    2020 921elite

the question is essentially pointless because of exactly what you said...to many variables from boat to boat
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs