UFP A60 Breakaway Cable Question

2004 Single axle Ranger Trail trailer with UFP A60 actuator - everything seems fine, but I noticed there is no clip on the breakaway cable. I don't believe the cable has ever been pulled/used to apply brakes or even by accident, and the brakes are not engaged. I'm going to replace the clip - but I have a question... is there a way to make sure the other end of the breakaway cable is still connected inside the actuator and is operable, without actually pulling it out to engage the brakes or removing the entire actuator? All the videos and info I've found shows how the clip breaks and how to reset the brakes when the cable is pulled, but nothing seems to address the actual "breaking away" of the cable from the inside of the actuator...
    2004 Ranger 619VS

2. mikesxpress
    UFP has a diagram on the website for the cable routing.

3. Member
    If it's broken, it will more than likely pull right out.....its routed and attached much like your trolling motor cord.

The safety cable with clip is designed to mechanically defeat the clip on disconnect from trailer ball and pull a brake master cylinder piston to lock the brakes. It can be released under the actuator. I've had them apart several times and if I recall, you will have to disassemble the actuator to install a new safety cable.

5. Member
    Tonight I pulled my breakaway cable out of my actuator. I have 2 questions, does anyone have the diagram and instructions for replacement? Second, its there an over ride so the trailer can be moved until I get the replacement cable replaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    Tonight I pulled my breakaway cable out of my actuator. I have 2 questions, does anyone have the diagram and instructions for replacement? Second, its there an over ride so the trailer can be moved until I get the replacement cable replaces?
    The trailer can be towed without the breakaway cable as long as you push up on the pushrod release bracket to release pressure from the brakes. You just won't have a safety measure if the trailer disconnects from the hitch. See page 23 for cable routing.

http://www.waymires.com/support_docu...ice_manual.pdf
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Page 26 for Break Away Clip installation