replacing HB 798 with 93sv

Thinking hard about replacing my HB 798 with a 93sv, but I'm reading about some people having interference problems when mounting to the trolling motor.

Thinking hard about replacing my HB 798 with a 93sv, but I read that some people are having interference problems when mounting them on the trolling motor. I have a maxx 70 and have had no problems with my HB, can I expect the same with a 93sv?

2. Member
    good aren't I

3. Member
    I don't know any way to predict who will and who will not get interference and I don't think that because you don't now means you won't with a different unit whether same or different brand. You may be good. Then again you might just be lucky. And then there's the chance that your luck has run out.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    geeee

Just replaced my 798 with a 93SV. Yes I have some interference ( Minnkota Maxxum 80) Same as I had with my HB's..I spent some time and dialed most of it out. Its been a Non issue and the trade off has been Huge..
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Just replaced my 798 with a 93SV. Yes I have some interference ( Minnkota Maxxum 80) Same as I had with my HB's..I spent some time and dialed most of it out. Its been a Non issue and the trade off has been Huge..
    I to have been considering a 93sv and was wondering what was huge in the trade off?

Quote Originally Posted by mobassing View Post
    I to have been considering a 93sv and was wondering what was huge in the trade off?
    larger screen, chirp, quick draw, built in maps, easy to use and set up. I still use my 798 as it has the in hull puck for bottom at speed.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    Dont forget Panoptix. Panoptix is huge.

Just dont get one with a CV transducer. It has no down element. Get one with a GT transducer and you will be fine.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

9. Member
    who told you that? you are incorrect and they cv transducer is 2d,clearvu (the new term for down view) and sidevu. GT transducer is pre-lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
    Dont forget Panoptix. Panoptix is huge.

Just dont get one with a CV transducer. It has no down element. Get one with a GT transducer and you will be fine.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew.prestine View Post
    who told you that? you are incorrect and they cv transducer is 2d,clearvu (the new term for down view) and sidevu. GT transducer is pre-lawsuit.

I suppose youve been been out of the loop the last few days.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

11. Member
    You really have some reading to catch up on.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=797744
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    I must apologize and do more research. But on the initial take I am smelling a little bit of bullshit from Lowrance.

I must apologize and do more research. But on the initial take I am smelling a little bit of bullshit from Lowrance.
    And you would be correct sir. Its funny not a single person has had an issue with the CV52 until Lowrance created this biased video. Not one person has verified that the GT52 is Better than the CV52. It's been based solely on the video and lack of the down element. Garmin has great technology and I just can't see them putting out a product that is marginal or inferior to there competitors. The loss could be horrific.
    The guys that have the Echo maps with the CV52's drop down a light weight on your line under the ducer. I have my unit set on low Auto with the A scope on and I can watch my weight hit The bottom in 30 ft easy. I'm not missing fish or anything else under the boat regardless of a down element. Maybe Garmin knows more than guys Monday night quarter backing. Just a guess.

Garmin will be along soon to address this NON issue I'm sure. In the mean time I'm fishing and enjoying my 93SV's

14. Member
    I guess this just solidifies my waffling on going to the raymarine axiom.

15. Member
    Anyone who's spent time on the other forums has seen what using sideview 'crystals' for down imaging looks like. You lose the ability to see bottom hardness. I'd guess that combining output from both 'crystals' also blurs the resulting image.

That's just the first, easy answer off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other implications as well.

16. Member
    Is that 30fow in 2d.