Soon to be G3 Sportsman 19 owner

New guy here with first post. Been lurking for a while, and look forward to being a part of the forum.

My youngest son will be in high school next year. The high school has a bass fishing club and is very active on the Florida tournament scene. My son really wants to be a part of that, so I have been looking at a bass boat to purchase that would fit my budget. Pretty quickly I had it narrowed down to aluminum boats.

After a little research I had my finalists of Triton, Ranger, and G3. After sitting behind the helm of all 3, the obvious choice for me was the G3. I'm tall, and pretty much had to sit cross legged to squeeze behind the helm of the Ranger and Triton. The leg room behind the G3 helm was great. And, helping with the G3 decision is the fact that the boat dealer I have a long relationship with (my saltwater boat) is a G3 dealer.

Will be officially doing the paperwork for the Sportsman 19, vinyl interior, blue/silver with Yamaha 115 next week. Dealer has been helping me with some of the decisions routinely debated here ( Electronics package, Power Pole vs Talon, trolling motor upgrade, etc) Should have the boat late April, which will give us plenty of time to begin to learn the electronics capabilities, and to start to fish the lakes that routinely host the FL High School BASS tourneys.

Hope to have pics to post in next few weeks. Look forward to being part of the forum community!

Congrats! I'm glad to see someone in the tin section getting another blue boat. Blue/Silver will look sharp!
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

3. Member
    Congrats! I've been happy with my G3, looking forward to pictures.

4. LDraper
    Awesome news! I have the Sportsman 17 and could not be happier with it! Good luck with the High School Bass Fishing. That has become a huge deal here in Georgia and the hard work is starting to pay off for some kids by getting FULL scholarships to colleges! But the main thing...that father son time!

That is awesome, great choice in colors and engine. Let us know what you decided on.
    I've been torn on the 17 models, specifically the PFX. After seeing the Sportsman 18 just launch its apparent the 19 vinyl might be my best option if I want to have any kind of tackle and rod storage.
    Going to look at the new Lund Renegade next weekend but I'm not too keen on their riveted hull and Mercury engine as the only option. Both are Brunswick companies. Excellent storage though.
    I wouldn't even consider it but the dealer said he would order the Lund boat without an engine and add the Yamaha engine and controls at the shop.
    Everything in my garage is Yamaha, they are very hard to beat. I also think G3 has the best aluminum hull on the market.
    So I'll probably end up with the 19 in any case.
    Best of luck with yours, good Irish luck since you bought on Paddy's Day! Lol
    Rob Kenny
    Weatherford, TX
    Bass Tracker PRO16

Congrats! Ive had my 19DLX for over two years. Not one problem.
    Mark
    2022 Vexus 1980
    Mercury Pro XS 150
    Lowrance HDS 9s
    Lowrance Ghost
    6" Slidemaster Jackplate