Thumbs Up Suzuki 200 Test Drive

Had a chance to ride in a 24' all welded center console aluminum boat. It weighs in at 3300lbs. Had about 25 gallons of fuel. Merc Fury 24p propeller. 40 degrees outside with no chop on the water. 3 guys in the boat. Lowrance HDS12 3D with all NMEA connections. Very good holeshot and top speed of 47mph gps. Engine ran very smooth and quiet. Very impressed with Suzuki. I already started the process of buying a 250 Honda, but think the Suzuki could have been a fantastic option too.

Attached Images Attached Images

I have had them on several saltwater boats but never a bass boat. Great engines.

3. Member
    Great motor for sure. Suzuki got it right with the new 150 175 & 200.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

IF it pushes that boat to almost 50 mph then I wonder what it would do on a 19' bass boat like the Phoenix 819 or the new Basscat Classic that is coming out

5. Member
    That boat looks like a blunt wedge with that superstructure up there like a billboard. Most larger boats with Suzys use a 19 pitch or so prop. What is the diameter of that Merc prop, 14"? I'm running a 24.5 pitch but 16 inches in diameter on a Suzy 175 four stroke on a 19 foot 5 inch Stratos. I can hit the redline of 6100 but my speed is only about 55, but the prop was cheap, and so am I.
    I hope he enjoys his new rig.

6. Member
    From my experience the 16" diameter Suzuki props tends to perform the best on the inline 4 DF200. A boat that size should be somewhere around 23" pitch with that 2.5:1 gear.

Vince

7. Member
    Hi folks. I'm the new owner of a '17 Suzuki 175 on a Bluewave Purebay 2000. I am hoping to learn some more about Suzuki's and props from this board. I haven't ran the rig yet, but should this weekend. It's propped with a 16 x 21 3 blade. Also has a 10" manual jackplate.

Thoughts?

8. Member
    Sounds about right for a bay boat. For slower response but higher speed you could probably go up two or three pitches. What matters is where your revs are at cruise.

Tried out pontoons with Suzuki and Honda engines. Ended up with the Honda because we preferred that toon. But, if I was picking strictly by OB I would have taken the Suzuki. Sweet running engine.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    I have a 115 hp, 2002 since New. I have only replaced the impeller and spark plugs since owning. No complaints, has been perfect.