New Pellet Grill

About a week and a half ago I entered the wonderful world of Pellet smokers. I bought a PitBoss 700Fb. Man, I can't believe I haven't owned one of these before now. I got the initial burn done the first day I bought it and then made some reverse seared steaks. I put them on smoke for about 40 minutes until the internal temp hit about 105-110. I slid the Flame broiler plate open and turned the grill up to 400 and seared the steaks until they hit about 130-135. I have never had steaks that good from my propane grill. Since the first day I have made steaks one more time, made some baby backs and made 2 beer can chickens. This thing is amazing! What a time to be alive! I looked long and hard at the Traeger, camp chef and rec tecs. I didn't want to spend the money on the rec tec to be honest in case I didn't like the pellet grill. I found out Cabelas makes one that is the same as the camp chef but has a lifetime warranty since it has the cabelas name on it. In the end the Pitboss won me over since it had the capability to cook directly over the flames and it was pretty cheap at just under $400. It is pretty well built and had great reviews on the pit boss owners club on FB. One thing that stood out was all the good reviews on the customer service. If you are looking to get into a pellet grill but don't want to spend the big bucks on a yoder or rec tec this Pitboss will get er done!
    So there we were, 4 against 40, toughest 4 I've ever seen!

2015 Nitro ZV18
    Mercury Optimax 200
    Minn Kota Terrova 112
    Lowrance electronics

2. Banned

Awesome and congrats....another for people to look at is Green mountain grills

3. Member
    I really liked the GMG's. That was another on my short list. I liked the wifi option that you could get. If they had a flame broiler option like the pitboss and Louisiana grills I probably would have bought one.

2015 Nitro ZV18
    Mercury Optimax 200
    Minn Kota Terrova 112
    Lowrance electronics

Love my Pit boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Choothim View Post
    Love my Pit boss.
    I've been through 16 bags of pellets since I got my Pitboss last April... yep we use it a lot. It's been great and I like the sliding heat shield that allows you to sear over the flame also.

Mark Welch Bossier Parish,LA. "Sportsman's Paradise"
    Check out my FB page https://www.facebook.com/Altered-IRO...4017377675928/
    '90 PROCroft 180, Mercury 150 xr4
    '03 WaterMoccasin pirogue 54lb. MotorGuide

6. Member
    The pitboss is still going strong. I cook on this thing almost everyday I am off. I made some homemade pizzas last week that were to die for. On one of them I took some leftover pulled pork and made a pulled pork pizza. I also added the side shelf, changed the temp gauge to a river country and made a rod out of a stainless steel 30 cal. gun cleaning rod that is located under my side shelf that connects to the flame broiler plate inside so it can be opened or closed without removing the grates.

2015 Nitro ZV18
    Mercury Optimax 200
    Minn Kota Terrova 112
    Lowrance electronics