Help finding St. Croix Bass X rods

I'm in central Florida and wonder if anyone can direct me to a store that carries the Bass X line.
    Gander Mountain had a few but, not the 6'6" rods. Bass Pro, Academy Sports and Dick's didn't have them.
    I'd rather buy one local then through the mail.

Thanks..

2. Member
    I don't know if you have a Cabelas near by? I was in my local Cabelas (Washington State) and they had a few. Good luck.

3. Member
    There's no Cabelas nearby. Of all places that can't seem to carry 'left-hand' retrieve baitcasting reels, Amazon was it.

My last resort was to check Amazon. They have it and I ordered it. The return policy is great - free shipping on returns if I don't like it or if it's damaged. Other online stores may offer that but, I know some will not...

I'd rather buy from local stores but, for whatever reason, they (local stores) fall behind stocking 'new' products, they will continue to lose customers. Bass X has been out since November 2016.

Can't wait to get the Bass X on Monday. Now I just need to figure out what line to match it up with...

4. Member
    That TW store has about 8 models of casting and fast shipping.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

Also try Tackle Direct. They often offer a discount on your first order.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I've ordered from Tackle Warehouse in the past. I'll look into Tackle Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe20Toon View Post
    I'm in central Florida and wonder if anyone can direct me to a store that carries the Bass X line.
    Gander Mountain had a few but, not the 6'6" rods. Bass Pro, Academy Sports and Dick's didn't have them.
    I'd rather buy one local then through the mail.

Thanks..
    I prefer to have mine shipped to the store from St Croix. That way people aren't handling my rod before I buy it.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

8. Member

Returning Bass X

The Bass X is going back.

There are 8 guides including the tip. I didn't know about super tiny line guides, 6 of them including the tip that will bottle neck a leader knot. I thought St. Croix was a bit heavy on their action. That's what I've heard and noticed on my other St. Croix, which I like. This Medium Light feels like a speck or crappie rod. The good part is the 6'6" rod has the cork grip that is tapered and extends just past the lower palm - which is great. The 6'6" MopJo rod grip "dug into" my lower palm due to the short cork on the grip pushing the rod blank into the lower palm. I believe the 7 footers of the MoJo has the longer cork grip.

Anyway, huge disappointment in St. Croix on the Bass X. I like to use leaders with braid.

(May post this as a new thread to let other's know before ordering thru mail...)
    Last edited by Joe20Toon; 03-23-2017 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling, etc. ...