Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trulock makes a choke specifically for the new Federal TSS loads also. If its anything close to the old Federal Heavyweight/Trulock choke combination, it will be hard to beat.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

2. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Last year I used a Slick Trick 100 magnum. Worked just fine, and no pellets to watch for.

For shotgun I switched to Long Beard XR and their choke tube. It's the only combo I could get my SBEII to pattern well.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

3. Member
    I finally got to test out the 3 " Federal TSS #9 shot today. Shooting a 12 gauge pump, Carlson TSS choke (.650), They put more shot on the target paper than the 3" Longbeard XR #5 with Carlson choke tube(.665) The #9 Tungsten are supposed to have the same down range energy as #5 lead shot, the difference being you have a lot more pellets in the hull due to the smaller size. But they are crazy expensive.

4. Member
    My Beretta 400 with the Patternmaster extended range tube shoots a 100% pattern at 40 yards with 3.5in Long Beard XR #5's.

No turkey will survive that if I do my part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12