Where is best place to stay up around Pres Isle Bay?

Looking for best place to stay thats boater friendly.

The El Patio Motel

ERIE, Pa. – The El Patio Motel in Millcreek Township is closing its doors at the end of the week.

The property manager confirmed that the El Patio Motel, Choo-Choo's Restaurant and Pub are closing for good on Friday.
    The property manger said the motel is old, that there are a lot of bills and maintenance work that needs done.
    The motel property manager would not comment on future plans for the motel.
    According to an employee, the motel, at 2950 W. 8th St., will be demolished.
    An auction is reportedly set for Oct. 8 to clean out what's inside the motel.
    The items purchased must then be out of the motel by Oct. 15, with demolition scheduled for 45 days later, according to that the employee.
    When the motel closes 25 people will lose their jobs, according to the property manager.
    Millcreek Township has not received a request from El Patio for a demolition permit, but that is something that township zoning employees said can be done in just a day.
    Millcreek Township Supervisor Brian McGrath said
    the township knew nothing about the closing and that the property is zoned for tourism.

“We never like to see local businesses close. but in this case if that means it will be demolished and something else located there,” McGrath said. “And hopefully will work with whoever comes in and will do the development.”

The Inn at Presque Isle.

Waldameer Park & Water World's $10 million expansion plans include a tree- and shrub-lined sidewalk from West Sixth Street to the park's entrance and the eventual demolition of the Inn at Presque Isle.
    The park owns the 58-room motel at 2930 W. Sixth St.

Steve Gorman, Waldameer's president, confirmed more details of the previously announced expansion that will include a wave pool for the 2015 season.
    The contractor for the wave pool, USA Inc., of Downers Grove, Ill., is on site and figuratively "getting his feet wet" in reviewing the plans, Gorman said. The company hopes later this week to start digging the deepest part for the wave pool and start pouring concrete, he said.
    Waldameer officials hope the wave pool will open by late May or early June.

Closing down two of the best boater friendly motel there !

3. Moderator
    Some good Times where had at the E l patio. ...going to miss it... I've been staying at the Rivera just down the street from the el patio. .want to eat good try the Pittsburgh inn good food...
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

4. Member
    The green roof in caters to fishermen and boats but it's a little bit out of the way from the bay. I usually stay on the comfort inn on west 12th st. It has good parking for boats and also has electric hook ups ouside for charging, those are my 2 favorite places to stay up that way

5. Banned
    Holy shit!!!

6. mikesxpress
    They should have bulldozed the El Patio 10 years ago. Only did that once. Their was stuff in those rooms that hadn't been named yet..................

Comfort Inn. Easy in/out. Ask if they have the outlets fixed on the light poles in the lot so you can charge up.

7. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjranger View Post
    Looking for best place to stay thats boater friendly.
    this ive found bout best in all years I've went up there, ask for fishermans special, save ya bout 100 bucks night.
    Bel-Aire Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
    2800 West 8th St.
    Erie, PA 16505
    (814) 833-1116

http://www.presqueisle.org/plan-your...inns-cottages/

8. Member
    I usually go with the clarion. Huge lot and power outlets on a lot of the light poles

Clarion Hotel Lake Erie

Clarion Hotel Lake Erie
    2800 W 8th St
    Erie, PA 16505

Found 1 report:

Anonymous on 08/22/2015
    I was staying at this hotel for a state conference on 8/18/15-8/20/15. The room smelt musty upon going in. I noticed black marks on the bed and it looked like they didn't clean the sheets. The other directors and my co-workers told me they were killing bugs left and right in there rooms, but I didn't see any bugs. One of the directors asked the desk for a different room, but the front desk said they were sold out and had no available rooms, so I knew I could not switch rooms. I looked for any da
    rk, black looking bugs and didn't see any. I went to bed. On the first night, I woke up itchy but no noticeable bites. After the second and final night, I woke up covered with bright red scattered bites all over my lower half and feet. These bright red bites are extremely itchy. I complained to the front desk before checking out.