Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger Support, lack of.

Does Ranger reply to email support? So far my answer would be NO. Very frustrating.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white
    75 4S Merc, VesselView Mobile
    Simrad Go7, Baystar hydro, SpitFire X7 17p

2. Member
    It took about 3 days before I got a reply on a email.

3. Member
    Im guessing the rt wheel upgrade are hispec series 6 wheels. Need a hub cap, clips broke off but the wheel has never been impacted while ive owned the boat. Purchased new, leftover 2016 end of last summer. Also my included cover doesnt fit to good. Upon looking it says fortrex in black marker, i have an 70 edge.
    Last edited by Deerchaser; 03-17-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

Never tried email. It has been a while but every time I have called I was overwhelmed with the service and friendliness.

will the dealer fix it?
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

6. Member
    Never tried emailing, I would suppose it depends on the time of year it was sent. IE Vacations, Dealer Show Time, Etc.

I've called them and even though my boat is a 2004 they acted like I had just bought it brand new. I got great customer service even from the one guy I left a voice mail for and he called me back very quickly. I spoke with one of the engineers about a project I was about to do and he gave me all the info I needed as to how to go about it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerchaser View Post
    Im guessing the rt wheel upgrade are hispec series 6 wheels. Need a hub cap, clips broke off but the wheel has never been impacted while ive owned the boat. Purchased new, leftover 2016 end of last summer. Also my included cover doesnt fit to good. Upon looking it says fortrex in black marker, i have an 70 edge.
    I wouldn't know about email replies either . I've never had to contact them about any issues yet . I'm curious about your boat cover though . The reason , you mentioned yours was marked for a fortrex . Is it marked on the cover itself ? When I ordered my boat I ordered a custom cover for it and at the time I didn't know that you had to specify what TM you would have for them to build it to fit right . I'm guessing the dealer took care of it when he placed the order or I just got lucky because it fits perfect with the Xi5 on it . I only used it a couple of times and didn't notice if it was marked anywhere on it . If I remember right , the bag that the cover came in only had RT188 hand written on it .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

8. Member
    The Fortrex has higher mount, which makes most covers not fit. If the cover is ordered for the Fortrex it is made slightly higher (bigger) in that area so it will fit.

9. Member
    Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to a fortrex.

I had something parts related I had to inquire about this morning. Called Ranger, they answered immediately, hooked me up with the right people, and completely satisfied with my service and was taken care of immediately....Exceptional service. You will probably need your trailer numbers or your hull number for them to help you though. Have them handy.

Don't know about email. Call them. My experience over many years of needing different things regarding my Ranger boats has been that their commitment to servicing the customer has been just great. That's one reason I have owned them over many years.

I still have my 1996 Cherokee listed below. I can take my hull number and call them and so far I have gotten anything I needed for it. I find that incredible service. That thing is over 20 years old.

Does Ranger reply to email support? So far my answer would be NO. Very frustrating.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

11. Member
    I guess we should trade covers.

12. Member
    I always call. With that said I would sure be keeping the fortrex cover. I'd be ditching the edge asap.

If you call Ranger and talk to Lisa I'm betting they will switch out your cover though if you want to. I had a fortrex on my boat from Ranger and didn't use the cover for almost a year. Well it was a normal cover not fortrex one. Called and she said they would send me a new one to fit the fortrex. After that I called back and asked if I could just get a ultrex cover since I planned to get the ultrex anyways, she said sure no problem. Absolutely amazed by the customer service since technically the cover was out of warranty.

I e-mailed Crestliner 3 days ago and haven't heard back yet. Gonna call 866-301-8544
    Last edited by tjsellsfords; 03-17-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: found the number
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

14. Member
    i would recommend to call.. they are good... i once talked with the rep from texas.. very friendly

15. Member
    I'll try calling. I don't like how high the fortrex sits when stowed. I go through some thick stuff. Already busted the egde control housing but it was cheap to replace $12 for both shells. More interest in a Maxxum.
    2016 Ranger RT178 white

I emailed during the build process. They replied same day. I also called that day and they returned the phone call same day as well. Seem to be dedicated to great service. Most I have read in the forums here are of great responses.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

17. Member
    I'll try calling. I don't like how high the fortrex sits when stowed. I go through some thick stuff. Already busted the egde control housing but it was cheap to replace $12 for both shells. More interest in a Maxxum.
    Well here's a secret for ya then, The Motor on the Fortrex and the Maxxum is the exact same. The main difference is the Fortrex has the Lift Assist which makes raising the motor easier. That is why the Mounting Base is bigger to house the lift assist.

I have the Maxxum 80 lb on my boat and honestly I see no reason to ever upgrade to a Fortrex, unless the thing just dies.

18. Banned
    Try calling.
    Many businesses are slow answering emails, as emails are absolute time killers. "Send email, get a response, ask another question, get a response, goes on and on, and in the end there's often a misunderstanding of some sort on either end. What can kill 20-30 minutes out of an employee's 8 hour day could probably have been taken care of in 5 minutes on the phone.

19. Banned
    i emailed them once and they never replied. i'll try calling next time i need something.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    i emailed them once and they never replied. i'll try calling next time i need something.
    I emailed them and their response was timely, all three times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast