Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Basscat Caracal vs Phoenix 919

Ok guys just curious, comparing these 2 boats with a 225HO Evinrude gen 2 which would you choose and why?

2. Member
    Both are very nice. When I looked at the brands side by side I thought the basscat was nicer. The folks at BCB really do treat you like family, with all that being said if BCB went out of business my next boat would be a Phoenix.

3. Member
    Last edited by Zoomworms; 03-17-2017 at 07:52 AM.

4. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 03-28-2017 at 09:49 AM.

5. Banned
    BCB BCB BCB BCB......Company, Quality, Trailer, Hull Design, Layout, Company company company.....Ha ha ha ha that my opinion

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    Beautiful boat!

Are those velcro straps on your poles? I used to trailer with the PP covers but they kind of fell apart, so I think I'm going to use straps with Velcro on them this year.

Personal preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brian Rathbone 2015 Caracal
    Flatland USA

8. Member
    The straps have plastic buckle.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    The straps have plastic buckle.
    Thanks

The boats are similar the companies both are fantastic. But the layout is night and day. If you like the Phoenix Layout get phoenix, if you like that goofy layout bass cat has than go basscat. You cant go wrong with either as far as after the sale. I've never owned a cat but I just read about their customer service and it sounds a lot like Phoenix. The bass cat is probably faster but I bet the phoenix has a softer ride and still a 75mph boat.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

11. Member
    Lets be real, when was the last time you read a post that said "the brand I spent 50 large on sux"??????

Time on the water is precious. Buy the boat that makes you smile when you hook it up.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Lets be real, when was the last time you read a post that said "the brand I spent 50 large on sux"??????

Time on the water is precious. Buy the boat that makes you smile when you hook it up.
    ^^^^^^

Winner.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

[QUOTE=n2ratfishin;8232310]Lets be real, when was the last time you read a post that said "the brand I spent 50 large on sux"??????

Time on the water is precious. Buy the boat that makes you smile when you hook it up. [/QUOT

X2 and/or whichever dealer is closest and you like the best.

I think both are great boats. I ended up in a Phoenix and it's a great boat. I could have just as easily been in BCB if I could have found a PII when I was looking. Go check boat brands out in person and crawl around in them. Personally, I think they are the top 2 brands going right now.

15. Member
    CAT over a bird. Both are great but Cat hull warranty can't be beat.

16. Member
    I wouldn't say the Caracal layout is goofy. I personally like the deck layout. I currently have a Sabre but the Caracal layout makes a lot of sense you just don't see it on other boats. Nice not having to get off the deck to open the one big center lid to get to your tackle like most boats. Sure it's not for everyone but the boat is extremely well thought out.

Never been in a Phoenix, my nephews BassCat had gel coat issues and hull seemed like it flexed in rough water. He went back to Ranger and is very happy, I never left Ranger and I am very happy and I think you would be too unless your only issue is you have to go fast. Which my 119C will go 72.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

18. Member
    I say this every time this comes up. Both great boats but go sit and move around not fish just sit and you will prefer one over the other. To me I love just about everything on the cat but they don't fit my style mainly to tall of steps and to tight between the consoles, it would be Pheonix for me.

19. Member
    I have no knowledge of either boat, but I'm sure it's as everyone says and both are great boats. With that said, IMO the BassCat is a LOT prettier. I'd go with the BassCat

20. Member
    The caracal is very nice and has lots of storage. However because of the layout of some boxes I see a lot of odd spaces that seem to limit what they can be used for. The back box has a odd angle in the corner from the live wells and the front box seems to share space with another box. Think it was the day box. Otherwise it's a sweet boat but the storage has me scratching my head in some areas.
    Nitro z21

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast